icon

python 5706 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
ER anyone thought to connect 87a on your relays to ground?
85 lock or unlock outputs
86 and 87 12V+ constant fused at 25 amps for 4 locks, 15 for two.
30s are lock outputs
87a ground
freqsounds I was going to pull you up on the diode answer but you were too fast.python 5706 door locks - Page 3 -- posted image.
Test before boxing up.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure these relays are going to work. It seems that resistor is making things difficult. I would recommend trying relays that do not have a resistor. While you're at it, pick up some diodes (1N4004) too. These will be used for spike suppression.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
hoe_nah808 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have one relay without the resistor emblem on it that I bought today and that one isnt working either.
from the main harness of the alarm what needs to be plugged in for the door locks pin to work? just the main 12v and chassis ground right?
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, pin 85 should be ground, and +12V on pin 86. You can test one of these relays on a car battery. If it clicks, it should be working.
Remember, pin 30 is your output (i.e. to your actuator) and pin 87 is your input (i.e. your +12V constant that you want to send to your actuator).
But I think there might be an issue because your relays for the switches are sending ground on both legs of the actuators.
Try to unplug those relays before trying your alarm relay set. If it works, we've found the problem!
hoe_nah808 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
okay so start from the beginng cause this is weird. the door pin on my alarm if I take my meter and put the black wire to any part of the alarm blue or green and I take my red wire to a 12v it reads on my meter 12v. same as if I took the meter to the chassis ground and a hot 12v.
when I put the 12v to pin 85 pin 86 reads 12v also.when I put a chassis ground to 86 the relay clicks. BUT when I put my alarm blue or green which technically is a ground the relay doesnt click. is that how its supposed to be? sorry ive been reading a lot and im really a newb woth relays
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
harryharris has laid out the answer for you. I just did his wiring on a bench setup I have and it works perfectly.
Go to the downloads section of this site. Search for Viper 5701. Download the install manual for the older style. On page 38 is a diagram for aftermarket actuators. Two relays needed or a DEI 451M.
Piece of cake.python 5706 door locks - Page 3 -- posted image.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
hoe_nah808 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
gonna return my relays. bought some online from a car audio website maybe they are different after all??
where do you guys get your relays from? man these things arent cheap. the ones i just got online are a lot cheaper than the ones i buy from napa n checkers
hoe_nah808 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2014 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
python 5706 door locks - Page 3 -- posted image.
got this in the mail today...hopefully they work
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2014 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Those should do it, don't forget to wire a diode from 85 to 86 on that one. White stripe toward 86.
hoe_nah808 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
Those should do it, don't forget to wire a diode from 85 to 86 on that one. White stripe toward 86.
what do you mean by 85 to 86? how would u do that?
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic