the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

where do i connect hu ground wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2014 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged  
if theres a blown fuse then id just replace it after you have made all of your connections, if it blows again then id start looking for a problem.
jwarren808 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
to update,   i ended up figuring everything out, i used a multimeter to test and find out which wire was for ignition and constant on the stock harness, and i found where the wire for my antenna was, it was coiled up behind the fusebox, so i hooked it to the head unit, i grounded the black wire from the pioneer harness directly to a bare sanded metal spot on the chassis, and put electrical tape around the wire and wire loom to protect it, and i made sure all the wire connections were good and also put electrical tape and wire loom to protect as much of it as possible.
i hooked the battery up and the head unit came on and worked !!!, so i was happy i did it right, and plus the clock and dome light worked again, so it did'nt blow the fuse this time, maybe cause i moved and organized the wires better.
then i thought i should put a backstrap bracket to secure the back of the head unit so its held up evenly, cause it was sort of tilted.
i was messing with trying to make a backstrap that was the right length to reach to the hole on the frame i wanted to attach it to, but there were'nt many good places to screw it to on the back of the head unit, cause there were only a few small screws and if i used the screw, it was small enough where it would slip right through the hole on the backstrap, so i used a different screw with a wider head, and attached a bracket, but then after doing that, i realised i had a hard time trying to plug the pioneer harness into the unit, cause the backstrap was in the way, and cause i wrapped electrical tape and put wireloom that made the wire for the harness too thick to manoever around easily, and after messing with it for a while and trying to plug it in, i gave up, and had to take the backstrap off.
the next day i tried plugging the harness in again with the backstrap out of the way, but when i put my head behind the console with a flashlight and looked closer, i noticed some of the pins inside the hole the plug goes into on the head unit, were bent !!!,   probably happened when i was trying to plug the plug in just going by feel.
i could'nt figure out how to get the head unit or mounting sleeve out of the dash ?,   i was prying and pulling like crazy, and thats why i ended up doing everything from behind, when really i should of had it out and working on it where i could see the back up close, so thats why i ended up messing it up.
but i straightened the pins, one by one, with a small flat-head screwdriver, until i was able to plug the harness plug back in successfully, and i did'nt care about the backstrap anymore, then i had to bend and shape the edges around the front of the head unit and mounting sleeve so they were back to normal, so i was able to snap the front panel and trim ring up to it so they were lined up right, cause i ended up bending the edges around the sleeve and head unit when trying to pull it out of the dash.
i was able to get the front panel and trim ring on where the detachable face snapped into place, and attached battery back and turned the key to on, but it did'nt work !, and i was real disappointed and thought i just ruined it by messing with it too much, but later i looked at it closer, and noticed the bottom tabs on the front panel of the head unit (the panel the front face snaps over), were'nt snapped all the way into place, so i snapped the panel in around all the sides, then snapped the face on and connected the battery and turned the key on, and it worked luckily !
and later i found out to remove the head unit, i supposed to use the 2 extraction keys that came with the unit, sliding them into the side slots to pull it out, so now i know i should of tried that instead of trying to pull and force the head unit / sleeve out of the dash !    its still a little tilted since theres no backstrap, but its in good enough where its staying in place and where i can use it and press buttons without it moving, but later i will secure the back with a backstrap to lift the back up more and even it out so its level.
so, i messed with it, and set the settings, and it sounds good for what it is, and has good eq and loudness parameters to mess with.
but be better with an amp and a sub, which i will get later, cause thats what i had before my car was broken into, but this is good enough for now, just to be able to listen to music again.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic