icon

2012 nissan maxima trunk pop issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start is a 12' Nissan Maxima over the weekend using a Python 414 with Smart Start using a DBALL2 in D2D. Everything operates the way it should other than the trunk release. It would not work in D2D so I wired it direct using the Trunk out (Aux1). The problem I am having is when you go to pop the truck by holding the Aux button (both the remote and S Start) it activates the radio circuit in the vehicle.
I have done many of these cars and have never had anything like this; fairly straight forward install. I have reflashed the DBALL2 and even swapped units to eliminate faulty equipment with no success. Anyone know how to fix?
Also is there somewhere to catch the door locks without having to insert pins at the BCM or pulling the door panel? The customer didn't like either idea ;)
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a data issue. If you disconnect the d2d plug from the brain to take the db all out of the equation what happens? If it works Ok either the d2d port is set up for bitwriter and needs changed to d2d or if it's already set up for d2d you may need to go with w2w.
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Did you change your flex relay setting or using a relay that's not wired to ign or acc correctly? Does the radio stay on or just turn on and off for a second? If you look under the arm/disarm warning it says the ignition will turn on and off once on disarm. My guess is the vehicle is disarming to pop the trunk and the circuit is being powered up as accessory instead of as ignition maybe...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic