1999 rx300 viper 5704v and xk01

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ripready 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm installing a Viper 5704V into a RHD RX300. Actually technically what I have is a JDM Toyota Harrier. Doesn't have the transponder/theft deterrent in it as I can just cut a key and it will start.
I bought the XK01 bypass module using TOYDL firmware and I'm looking for either the Purple wire or a yellow/red wire in the driver kick according to the Directechs site for the XK01. I think since I don't have the transponder, I won't have the purple wire from the Immobilizer Module then I would be looking for the yellow/red wire which is the CAN BUS SW pin in the driver kick.
Has anyone used the XK01 in this car and is the wire the correct colour? Also, is it coming from the Body ECU or some other unit? Need to figure this out since the layout would be different from a LHD and RHD.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Henry
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
did you check the driver door harness?
Advanced
ripready 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I know there are other wires in the driver door harness that are used if I am not using he XK01 going directly to the Driver Door ECU. The wire I am looking for is specifically in the kick panel according to the Directechs site.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Can I ask a silly question here?
If it doesn't have an immobiliser why are you bothering with an XK01?
BTW that vehicle is so easy, lock and unlock are in the driver's door loom at rear going to motoe, NEG pulse, extend the time for comfort close.
Test before boxing up.
ripready 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I first used the XK01 because I thought I had an immobilizer installed and according to the directed technotes, I needed to use relays and diodes to lock/unlock the doors.
So, even if I didn't have the immobilizer, I could still use the XK01 for purely the door locks.
From what I read, it seems as those the relays aren't required as per the tech notes.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Those instructions are wrong, depending on model, have the door panel off and at the rear ground two of those wires (via an incandescent test bulb) you should get lock and unlock.
Test before boxing up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic