icon

2013 nissan rogue r/s starter grinding.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2014 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all. I recently installed an Autopage RS 665 2W with the idatalink ADS DLSL CA 2 bypass. Everything is ok except when I attempt to remote start the vehicle, it sounds like the starter is grinding. What is it am I missing?
2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Is it a regular key or push button start? If it's regular key it sounds like the brown ACC2 is being powered as an ignition. I had one do the same thing a few weeks ago.
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, it has the regular key. I have the brown wire connected to the acc 1wire, which is also brown. The pink wire was apparently an ignition after testing the connection.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

There are two Pink wires in the ignition connector.  Here is how the ignition wires should look :

2013 nissan rogue r/s starter grinding. -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
OK I tested the wires and both pinks light up as ignition. Did I miss something?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Probably not.   All the wire guides show a Pink Accessory wire. Just for grins, set the RS665 ignition outputs to reflect the configuration
in the picture.
The Starter grinding during a remote start, is it over-cranking / staying engaged too long? Are you running in Tach Mode? Did the Tach
Learn Process work OK?
Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
OK will it affect anything? I programmed the tach via data mode. But are the parking lights supposed to continue flashing after the tach signal was learned? It starts grinding during start up.
kreg357 
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
The way I differentiate an Ignition wire from an Accessory wire is whether or not the wire stays at +12V during cranking. If it stays at
+12V during cranking, it's an Ignition wire. If it drops to 0V during cranking, it's an Accessory wire.
I'm not familiar with the AutoPage remote start systems, so I can't help you there with the Tach Learn process. Additionally, I always go
W2W between the R/S and the bypass module. Always works. I know that some DEI products have problems with learning Tach through
a D2D connection.
Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Well you were right. The pink was the acc wire and the tach signal was programmed correctly. I verified this with my Corolla. But it still sounds like it was still grinding.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
What firmware are you using?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic