icon

dash lamp fuse blows.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hi. I havea sony cd player and im hooking it up in my 96 chrysler concorde.  Everytime i connect my groundwire in my cd player and plug that thing that goes in the back of the cd player upmy dash fuse blows.  Sorry dont know the name of the plug but it is not the rca plugs i really forgot what it isbut can anyone help.  the radio still pays

thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
I just tried hooking it up again and the radio and everyhing plays fine but when i turn the lights on the dash fuse blows someone help please.
jeremy1 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
did you use a wiring harness or did you hard wire the stereo either way if it's not already try running a new ground to a good piece of metal behind the dash.illumination wires for factory stereos will test as ground with the lights off i've had customers smoke whole harneses over it. if not one of youre powers could be hooked to the illumination wire or if you hooked the ill. up it could be the wrong pollarity try dissconnecting it.otherwise tell us how you wired it into the car..jh
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Well jeremy i hard wired it i didnt use a harness and i plugged thing that plugs into every radio up sorry stiil dont know the name.  i plugged it up and hooked the wire up one at a time it blows the fuse when i hook the ground up.

jeremy1 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
it sounds like something is being ran through the factory illumination which is supposed to dim the radio lights with the dash lights if you are already grounding the radio direct to the chasey and it still does it i would re test youre power wires .. try turning youre headlights on with the stereo "harness" unplugged and test every wire for power then while connected to each power one at a time adjust youre dash light dimmer it will change the voltage or dim youre test light on the illumination wire whitch will also test as a ground with the lights off. if you find the ill. wire don't use it for annything and see what happenes if it's already dissconected i'm stumped sorry.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic