icon

Scraped and restarted again x3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ivant2 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
First of i would like to thank you guys at 12volt for all your knowledge posted on your page. I was in kuwait staring in Jan. of this year and well was kicked out to the desert. First off we had no light or heat or showers and well thanks to your website here i was able to learn enough about electric to make the generators in our camp work efficently enough to run light s heat and running water for 500 guys. By the way iraq was lovely in march/april.
On another note i would like some constructive critism on my new system i am presently working on.
1996 Ford Thunderbird (Candy apple red)
-custom box built for 2 image dynamics idq dvc 12" (ported through rear deck 1.5 of airspace both sides with a 31" snorkel port into the rear deck.)
-componet set of memphis M class 6.5 for front staging (tweeters flushed to the dash near windshield.)
-memphis 5x7 power reference series in rear factory replacements.
-0 awg run to the back with 3 interstate red caps w/ breakers
-2 x1 farat caps
-3 US AMPS (1000x, and 2 Tu-600)
-still using a 5543 eclispe head unit (looking for ideas on a awesome audio visual 5.1 head unit)
i thought about using pioneer but just found out that they are having alot of motorized face problems. All comment are appreciated.
Mike
jeremy1 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
some may dissagree but i've become a diehard pannasonic fan i love all there decks and out of everything i sell and install they've had the least problems ..i don't know this years model# but i put in quite a few of there cq-dvr909(with the built in flip out center speaker whitch makes the 5.1 easy if you don't already have a center channell)annyhow i love that unit i'd check out there website i'd give you a link but i'm an installer not a computer guy i don't know how. Hell it took me 30 minutes to type this parragraph..Scraped and restarted again x3 - Last Post -- posted image.
ivant2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Make that 4 interstate batteries in the rear now. i hit 145.6 on the mic today with the car still taking apart and the top half; port not fully completed yet. the roll off harmonics were great only had to freq cut outs 15 hz and then later between 60-65hz (used a cd with one second one hertz step increse, then used a 5 hertz increse track). Overall i was quite impressed. Maybe next year i can afford to take it to the next level and make the overall sq better with a good head unit and then step to compete on a iasca or usac comp.
LittleBill 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
use an optima yellow top u can drain those battery's more and they come back much stronger
ivant2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice but i am going SQ so i am using the red caps for they recharge the amps with a quicker response. In my opion i have always known yellow tops to be good batts how ever very poor at give the power quick enough to the amps. Let me tell you those tubes know how to drink.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic