the car it's cranking for a long time.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prabhakarglv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I installed Autostart AS2381TW 2-Way remote starter with Fortin Evoall Bypass module in my 2009 Honda Civic A/T. After the remote start and Bypass module installation, when I try to start the car it's cranking for a long time but won't start. If I use the key in the ignition (key in off position) it's starting perfectly without any problems using the remote starter command.
The lock, unlock and trunk commands are working fine.
I programmed the bypass module as per the instructions in the manual and it's programmed very well as described in the manual. I double checked the wiring connections and there is no errors in the wiring. It's frustrating because as per the forums discussions it's something to do with the Bypass module.
I would appreciate your help for the above regard. Thank you.
pubby
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2014 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass is not working correctly if you have to put a key in the ignition and it starts fine. So your problem is the bypass. Check your connections, reprogram the bypass....etc.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
Some of the Honda bypasses will only program with the master key. Try using a different key to program? Other wise you may be buying another interface or burying a key.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
prabhakarglv 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I appreciate your suggestions and thanks a lot. After unsuccessful events of module flashing, when I called Fortin Tech and they said it looks like the Tach issue and they suggested me to do the hard wiring instead of D2D mode.
So initially I cut the BLUE and WHITE wires of Data cable (Red and black wires are intact) and I did the hard wiring from the bypass module to remote starter wires of LOCK, UNLOCK, TRUNK WIRE, BRAKE WIRE AND TACH WIRE (This one I connected from Bypass module to Remote start and from there to Fuel injector wire directly. There is a Black common wire of Pin-2 in every fuel injector, so I connected the tach wire to 4th fuel injector of Black wire). However when I try to start the car using remote start it still cranking but didn't start. If I keep the key in Ignition (key in off position) it's starting without any issue. Since I did the hard wiring of the bypass module, it shouldn't get me any trouble, BUT STILL.... Anyhow my questions are,
Need I have to do the Bypass module Programming and Remote starter program once again (Even though I did couple of times earlier?)
Need I have to do the Tach program still OR Because it's hard wired, so it's not necessary? If I need please guide me the tach program (In Autostart RS manual there is only VIRTUAL TACH programming instructions are given)?
I'm absolutely clueless what else I can do here. It's really frustrating because I recently did the Viper 5704v remote starter installation in my 2006 Honda Element manual transmission successfully, but this car (2009 Honda Civic Auto trans) giving me the heck of the troubles which supposed to be lot easier compared to manual transmission.
Look forward to hear from u guys.
Thanks again.
pubby
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Need to connect the status wire from remote start to bypass
Also you want non common wire for tach
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
And hardwire the tach and program it from the unit, not the Fortin part.
Test before boxing up.
prabhakarglv 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
There is no STATUS wire in Autostart AS2381TWFM remote starter (In the wiring diagram I didn't find any thing mentioned as STATUS wire). U mean GWR(Ground While Running) and if so I already connected from Module to Remote Starter.
I connected the tach wire of Bypass module and Remote starter TO BROWN wire of fuel injector (The Directed Tech Guy recommended that wire)and did the Multi-Speed Tach Program. But still NO LUCK. If nothing works I want to change the Fortin bypass module to Xpresskit bypass module.
If I leave the key the key in Ignition (key in off position) it's starting without any issue. However I cut the BLUE and WHITE wires of Data cable (Red and black wires are intact) and I did the hard wiring from the bypass module to remote starter wires of LOCK, UNLOCK, TRUNK WIRE, BRAKE WIRE AND TACH WIRE. So I'm not sure is this still do with the Bypass module OR anything to do with the Tach.
THANKS AGAIN...
pubby
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
If the car is starting with the key in the ignition that alone tells you that the problem is the immobilizer bypass, not the tach wire. I would suggest rechecking all of the connections. Are you sure the dk.blue GWR wire in the 20 pin plug is connected correctly? Does the LED light up on the EVOALL when you remote start it?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
prabhakarglv 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I connected the dark blue wire (GWR) of module to White wire (GWR) of RS.
However I realized that the Parking light jumper is in Neutral state. The manual says it should be adjusted to Positive or Negative state. Now I adjusted to Positive state. I'm not sure is this the reason the car is giving me the trouble in starting with remote start command. Earlier I connected the parking light wire (+ve) of RS to Parking light wire of Car (+ve).
Anyhow after I adjusted the parking light jumper status in RS brain, I did the reprogramming of bypass module one more time and tried to start, but no luck and it still cranking. However I didn't do the program of RS at that time and I'll program the RS one more time today and give a try. I rechecked the wiring from module and it's pretty much right.
I clubbed the TACH wire of RS and Bypass module and then connected to TACH wire of Car at fuel injection. Is this correct OR I only have connect the TACH wire of RS to TACH wire of car???
Any more suggestions?
Thanks again for your reply.
pubby
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Do not connect tach wire from module to the car, u need tach wire from remote start to non common injector wire at car
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic