icon

avital 4103 engine start troubleshooting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommyblazin 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
how do i wire up that new bypass look like plugs go into it, remember im a total newb so the easier the better,thanks for your help
2005 pt cruiser gt turbo
tommyblazin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
oh your talking about that thin thing i was holding that was wrapped around key inset with a zip tie, thats a bypass????
2005 pt cruiser gt turbo
tommyblazin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks, it worked, but i couldn't solder that wire that was wrapped around that tip, like ultra thin piano wire,if i have problem in future, can i remove that wire and wrap the two copper wires <grey/white> around instead, i can make a much more secure connection as i'm worried that wire will break someday, but i zip tied everything secure and IT WORKS!!!!! THANKS,please let me know if i can use copper wire, i already found out i have to use heat shrink tube i tried to electrical tape it real solid,must of cut communication off, be, removed,shrink tube and sucess
2005 pt cruiser gt turbo
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
The small box that the wires come out of is a relay that activates the chip thats covered in the heat shrink. If you have problems later on you can try upgrading the wire but if it continues to give you issues I would replace it with a data bypass of some sort
onlyzahid 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
If theres a siren under the hood its going to be a 5103 or if its an older unit a 4400. Is your key grey or black? If its grey and it only starts with the key in the ignition its not a problem with the remote start but with the bypass module. If the key has to be in and on then it sounds like a bad connection on the ignition wire. Do all the dash lights come on when you remote start and no key in the ignition?
this happens to me all the dash lights come up if I start with remote but nothing when starts with key and the shifter is locked my car is 2006 Toyota Camry 2.4L A/T. one thing more when i start it with remote and i get into the car put the key in turn to ON. the moment i step on brakes.car turns off.... :-(
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you severed the power to the ignition switch or blew a fuse.
If you can't start/run the car with the key, the remote start is going to turn off when you step on the brake (it's designed to do this) and so will the car because the key isn't working.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Onlyzahid.
Check fuses in engine bay, either that or ignition switch failure.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic