icon

viper 4606v wiring, 99 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shesachevy99 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I'm trying to find some information on my viper 4606v one way remote start. I have the directed 4x06 control box and Was hoping to find a wire legend or diagram to install my starter. I didn't realize viper was so stingy on guys installing their starters them selves.
The thing about them Chevy's is they always get you home. Just kick the fuel pump a few times
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Try the Viper 5706 manual.
Pay attention to the colors, not the pin numbers. DEI doesn't typically change the colors of their wires. I think they're exactly the same brain, just a different label.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1250
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
shesachevy99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I found what I needed. My only problem now is how many relays will I need for my install on my 99 silverado? I'm not sure if I need one for each door and one for to flash my lights. is there any more that I might need?
This is a little harder then I thought it would be but i know it's something worth knowing.
Thank you everyone for any input
The thing about them Chevy's is they always get you home. Just kick the fuel pump a few times
shesachevy99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys.
So my viper remote has only a 8 pin harness instead of the 10 pin. Can I use the red black wire for the starter input rather then the green wire u used for your install??? Also I I have a express kit dlpkgm for my bypass it has a 14 wire harness. Do I hook up the same way as you bypass??
shesachevy99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys
So that's last thing I need to do on my install is door lock relays. I'm not sure what I'm doing with this. Iv seen the diagrams but not sure witch one I need. My remote start has negative lock and unlock signals but the truck has a positive system. What do I need to do. Plz help!!!
shesachevy99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using a express kit dlpkgm by pass do I need to use relays for this???
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
No, the DLPKGM does not provide door lock control for your 1999 - 2002 Silverado.   As typical for XpresKit, the bypass compatibility
selection page ( http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2000&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado&ps=1&s=0&c=0 )
indicates that the DLKGM will provide a Tach signal but the actual DLPKGM install guide ( http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6045&productid=125&firmwareid=1633 )
does not show this function. Going by the install guide, the DLPKGM only handles the Passlock2 bypass.
The door locks are pretty straight forward. You can do it with relays, as per this diagram ( using two 30/40 Amp SPDT relays with 5 wire
socket/harness, and a fuse holder with a 15 Amp fuse ) : https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp    Or you could get a
451M Door Lock Module for under $9 online and follow the wiring posted in the Pictorial. Here is a link to the 451M Install Guide :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=726    Follow the Type A wiring diagram.
Soldering is fun!
shesachevy99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2014 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
So I just Finnish wiring my remote start ( viper 4606) and plugged everything in and it didn't come on... I rechecked all my wiring and double checked. I have 12v to the main harness 8 pin but the only ground I had was on the 6 pin harness. I did not use the red black in the install on the eight pin perhaps dose this need to be grounded??? The only tech sheet for my install I could find was a install sheet for a viper 4104. I was told this would work fine. I'm also using a express kit dlpkgm bypass I planned on using the d2d ports. Should I hard wire the bypass and get it programmed first? I'm totally lost I don't know why this is happening? Plz help!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Read the instructions, the RED / black connected to a 12v+ constant feeds ACC and starter.
Are you from Finland?
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
...Are you from Finland?
:)

viper 4606v wiring, 99 silverado -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic