the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Lexus RX350, Viper 5704, Expresskits DBALL2 Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Again, I would ask you to post all of your wire connections.
You posted that you connected the ignition and starter wires. The way I read it, in D2D mode, is no starter wire is needed. Only ignition wire from Remote Start to DB-ALL2.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
The flashing light sequence tells me it may not have been programmed properly
Test before boxing up.
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Another concern is that if we not need to connect the dotted blue line connections if we are doing D2D. Then there is no connection on black harness 10pin. This is the first connection that has to plugged in DBALL during program per programming instructions because there would be no connection at all to this black harness 10pin if we don't have to connect any of the dotted blue line connections
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly Harris, in the troubleshooting page 13. There is no flash pattern like this. It keeps going RED / GREEN/ orange. There is no such pattern per guide on page 13 of DBALL instructions
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I did connect the dotted blue line connections, but then I removed all of that connections include the starter wire. Only the ignition wire from DBALL2 to RS brain. And I only connect the solid black bold connection. One more concern, the neutral switch from RS unit to be connect to hand brake to the DBALL2. If this connection is not required, then the BLACK/ white from RS unit for neutral switch still need to be grounded right?
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Connect as shown yellow/black from DB-ALL to BLACK/ white on unit.
As an aside I'm not in Florida but London UK, long story but I do mainly Europeans and Japanese/Korean except the odd Jeep and I often find that apart from VW with which DEI have the most CAN related experience, some DB-ALL and DB-ALL2 functions don't work such as parking brake, lights, hood switches.
The simple answer is to hardwire them so quite honestly it makes no difference if you take that BLACK/ white from the R/S to the DB-ALL OR to ground, it wouldn't make the DB-ALL fail.
Another point but probably contentious is that as far as I'm concerned if the customer is prepared to lose a key there's absolutely no point in using a CAN module on most Japanese/Korean.
They are so easy to hardwire and at least that way any problem is quickly checked and rectified if you're an experienced installer.
OK, old school but that's the way I do it.
Test before boxing up.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Harry stop confusing the poor man.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
talked to the tech guy at DEI. when you see this pattern. The DBALL 2 has not been program like we are running a computer without a windows operating system. This is pattern we will see. Wow, what a waste of time and no wonder we don't find that in the instruction manual for that flash pattern. Harris, I did the installation on ES350 2010 and using the PKALL. I did most of the hard wiring and it works beautifully. I tried to cut labor on this RX350 then I get nailed because of the bad DBALL. I will get you guys posted after order another DBALL
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, been there done that hence my first post.
6 months ago to a colleague...
"DB-ALL isn't working"....
"Didn't you program it?"
"Didn't you?"
Test before boxing up.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
You can't flash yet until DEI loaded your firmware. I don't know why this guy buy this item with firmware loaded. DEI has to do that then you can flash it.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic