icon

2010 hhr rs heated seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asdf11 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

I put a 2 way RS and 556uw bypass in a few years ago and i wanted to add the heated seeats.  Has anyone done this and know how to?

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
I have put heated seats in a 2009 Corolla and a 2000 Taurus. Both have cloth seats. As long as the seat cover is not glued on to the cushion you should be able to do it. A bit of work. There are a number of video on youtube you may want to look at.
My with loves those heated seats in her Corolla. We live in northern Wisconsin.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
You can't put a heating pad on the bottom of the passenger side seat. That vehicle uses an electronic sensor element for the air bags. If you do, you cause the system to stop working and set trouble codes.
sparky
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I think his vehicle is outfitted with OEM heated seats. He is wanting to turn them on with the remote start unit.
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
You need a negative latched circuit to activate the heated seats. The circuits must be isolated if you want to activate both seats. There is a dark green wire for driver's side high and a light blue for low. The passenger side is yellow for high and tan for low. They are found at the back of the switches. Hopefully your remote starter has provisions for a latched rear defogger output. This will prevent them from coming on in the summer.
sparky
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
^So then is there no bottom seat heater on the passenger side from the factory? If there is, how does the ooriginal work but an aftermarket will cause problems? Do they use a different air bag switch?
asdf11 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
If it has factory installed seat warmers, then there is a heating pad on the bottom of the passenger seat. They use a different sensor system in those cases. You only have to be concerned when adding seat heaters.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic