icon

audiovox ccs 100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timkins 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have been working on this off and on for about 2 years. I ran all of the suggested troubleshooting and it all checks out OK.How important is the correct polarity on the brake switch? On this particular unit there is only 7 dip switches and I have them set as follows; PPM SW 1 off, PPM SW 2 off, SPEED SIGNAL VSS &TACH SW 3 on, SENSITIVITY MED SW 4 and SW 5 off and off, CONTROL SWITCH NORM CLOSED SW 6 off, TACH SOURCE COIL SW 7 on. Does this sound correct or are the switches screwed up by me.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2014 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
The polarity of the brake switch is critical. If memory serves Red goes to battery positive at switch and violet goes to switched 12 volt side. The switched side must have no more than 10ohms resistance ground until pedal is pressed. The dip switches are dependant on what vehicle. Year, make, model and engine and transmission. Without knowing that your settings mean nothing.
sparky
timkins 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
The car is a 32Ford street Rod with a 350 Chevy engine and a Turbo Hydro 350 transmission, with a carburetor and NO computer assisted anything. The brake switch is an aftermarket switch that activates not by hydraulic pressure from the brake fluid BUT by an arm attached to the brake pedal.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a VSS source or tach only? You should be using the magnet sensor kit with one magnet on the drive shaft. I assume you are using the dash mount switch that comes with the unit so your dip switch setting is correct for that. In the instructions there is a section showing what you should get for results in an electrical check. The one critical thing they omit is the resistance to ground on the violet wire. The cruise must see ground on this wire to work. It gets this ground through the brake lamp bulb filaments. If you have burnt out lamps or use LED tail lights the cruise won't work.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic