the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 corolla, dei 535t, viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdi200 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
car got viper 5706v on 2001 toyota corolla. how can i make the dome light to work when the system arm and disarm the unit? also how to run a hood pin thank you
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
i have viper 5706v already installed in my Corolla 2001, but the previous installer didnt do it right, also they forgot to install hood pin so instead of the hood pin but i have tilt sensor already installed but whenever tilt sensor is triggered the alarm goes off but on my remote it says hood is open i believe wires been mismatched. so can anyone varify if wires has been really mismatched for the tilt sensor
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2015 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Domelight output requires a relay connected to the blk/yel wire on the 24-pin harness.
The hood pin switch goes to gry wire on that same 24-pin harness.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2015 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
stanward,
Thanks for the clarification but like i said previous installer has messed up something down the line since the car got the glass and tilt sensor but whenever tilt sensor is triggered when the car is jacked up but on the remote it says HOOD OPEN and as of right now i have the hood open even installed, and when glass sensor is triggered on the remote it says sensor 2
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
well i have been struggling to get answers specially knowing English is my 2nd language makes it hard for me to exactly address my issues anyways
i have viper 5706v installed in my car, got the glass sensor and tilt sensor modules but when tilt sensor is triggered, on my remote it displays as hood open, but when glass sensor is triggered it displays Sensor 2 and the installer did not even install the hood pin on my corolla 2001, so i believe installer used to hood wire to hook the tilt sensor, is there any other way out that the tilt sensor to be connect on it own and display sensor 3 when triggered, in that way i can have a hood pin installed and use the wire that is actually designated for the hood?
dairyboy3 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2015 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dairyboy3
The 5706 has two sensor ports on it. So the shock sensor is probably plugged into the sensor one port and the glass break sensor is plugged into the second port. If the audio sensor is the 508t it comes with a t harness to where the glass break sensor and the shock sensor can share the same port. Then the tilt sensor can be on sensor 2. If he does not have the t harness then have the hood pin hooked up as it should be and have him use the instant trigger wire which is blue on the 24 pin connector.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
dairyboy3,
thanks for being perfectly detailed in this topic and am going to print out your message and show it to the installer as today after work i am taking the car for installing dei 535t module and also fix other issues that previous installer failed to do it that included dome light supervision, so actually i have 506T I.T. Audio Sensor and 507M Tilt Sensor you think its going to be the same process as 508t? all i want is hood pin to be hooked up as well thanks for the cooperation i know its an old car but i love my corolla lol
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Tilt sensor blue wire is probably connected to the hood pin wire on H2 and the GWA orange at H1 thus saying hood would be quite feasible.
Quick comment, if your dome light stays on when you shut the door and only goes out when you lock the vehicle, you don't need it, it's already there.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
And if your tilt sensor keeps triggering, make your installer cut the loops. It should also be mounted on a flat surface facing along the Corolla's front rear axis.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
so u meant i should tell the installer to join both tilt and hood pin together? or its possible to have tilt sensor on it own?
and for domelight yes it does go off when i lock the door but does not turn on when i unlock
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic