icon

2013 toyota tacoma remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spartacus12.lg 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2014 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
got it working thanks for all your help. i really appreciate it.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2014 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
went over all my wiring and it was cut wire that was the problem. fixed that and everything worked great. there is a whooshing/sucking sound when you turn off the truck but on another post they said this was normal. is this true? thanks for all your help.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
hey kreg357 sorry to bother you again but i got everything working and tested it several times. it worked great then i put everything together and now it just cranks and wont start. what could be causing this.
spartacus12
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

My gut instinct would be to review anything done after it worked last.  In this case securing / neatening-up and putting everything back together would be at the top of my check list.  This doesn't happen often if you position / cut to length / solder and insulate each connection. 

There would be a few areas of higher probability. 

First would be the transponder bypass ( PKALL ).  You can see if this is your problem by unplugging the power to the bypass module and holding a key at the ignition switch.  If the truck starts, check the bypass module and all its' connections.

Second would be a blown fuse going to the R/S unit.  I have seen where the slightly exposed metal tips at the fuse body can be inadvertently  be bumped against vehicle metal frame, blowing the fuse.  I always wrap the exposed fuse with a layer or two of Scotch Super 33+ to prevent this.  If all the fuses test good, then verify good +12V power at the R/S itself at all the +12V inputs, in case of a wiring connection problem or vehicle blown fuse.

Third is a problem with the Tach wire or connection.  Some R/S units that are programmed for Tach Mode and then loose the signal give similar symptoms.

Lastly would be an ignition wire connection problem.  As mentioned, this should not happen to a soldered-in R/S installation, but...

Soldering is fun!
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
this is what i did i disoconnected the pkall tried to start it with the key and it did not start so i then disconnected the alarm and tried to start it again with the key this time it started but now when i connected the alarm brain again now it wont even crank im totally frustrated with this thing. thanks for your quick response will check all wire connections again.
spartacus12
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Be cautious with what you disconnect.  Remember that if you cut the Tacoma's Starter1 wire to make the 5303 H/1 Purple and H/2 Green connections, it will prevent a regular key start if the thick wire H connector is unplugged from the 5303.  Similar situation with the PKALL and its' Connector 3.  There you opened the vehicles IMI wire.  The relay that supplies the N.C. connection ( and allows a regular key start ) is inside the module(s).

Soldering is fun!
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks i will go over all the connections one more time but like i said now it doesnt even crank with the remote start so ill just go over what you said and hopefully it will work. thank you very much.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2014 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
hey kreg357 thanks for all your help. the problem was a bad wire connection at the ignition wiring harness. and now all i have to say is solder, solder, solder.
again thanks
and now i move on the tackling the active restraint system on my van headrest.
spartacus12
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic