the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 honda pilot, viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wzombie001 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wzombie001
Does anyone have a wiring chart for a 2012 Honda Pilot? Trying to install a viper remote starter and can't get the dome lights to turn on. Also every time I start it the factory alarm goes off. Found a wiring chart for a 2013 but some of the wires did not match up so there must be differences.
Franko
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 91stt
What bypass module are you using?
If you are using a transponder only bypass, the only way to control the OEM alarm is by access the door mux unit (master control switch) in the door. The lock / arm wire is pink (- pulse). Unlock / disarm requires two wires to be hooked up, white (- pulse) and red (- pulse). The white wire is the unlock wire and the red is the unlock detection wire. They need to be diode isolated and require a double pulse to activate. My suggestion is to use a bypass module that can do these functions. All of the major players have units that can control these functions, just make sure the firmware that is loaded is correct.
As for domelight supervision, the wire is pink (-) and can be picked up either ABOVE DRIVER KICK IN 2 PIN GRAY CONN PIN #1 or      UNDER DASH FUSEBOX.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
wzombie001 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wzombie001

I am using the DBALL2 for a bypass module. The starter is a viper 4205. I already set up the module to double pulse and it locks and unlocks the doors fine, just doesn't disarm the alarm.

So when you say both the unlock and detection wire both have to be hooked up , do you mean they need to be hooked up both together to the single disarm alarm output wire on the bypass module?

Also thank you for the Dome supervision wire location but where do hook it up to? I have no wires on the starter or bypass module marked dome light. 

Thanks a lot for the help!

Franko
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 91stt
The DBALL2 should arm and disarm the OEM security. Do you know what firmware is flashed? It should not matter but is the DBALL2 installed W2W or D2D? With the DBALL2 you do not need to wire up the lock and unlock wires in the door.
For the dome light supervision, you will have to be more creative if the system does not have an output for dome light supervision. You can use a timer relay like the DEI 528T or 611T triggered off of the doorlock output.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2014 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Shouldn't need domelight supervision, surely vehicle already has it.
Never seen (here in the UK) a BMW/Audi/Honda/Toyota that doesn't.
Test open door.
Dome light switches on.
Close door, dome light stays on for up to 1 minute.
Open, then close and lock doors.
Dome light shuts down within 2 seconds.
If any vehicle you own does that then it already has it.
X 2 with 91Stt. about the locks from the DB-ALL, I've also run them in a Civic directly from a 5704, works both ways.
wzombie001 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wzombie001

91stt; The firmware that is installed is 402.HONDA56 2.16. It is Installed W2W. I just automatically hooked up the wires...didn't think to try it without them hooked up. Should I try to unhook them and see what happens?

Howie II; Ever since I hooked up the DBALL2 whenever you open any door the domelights do not turn on. Nor do they turn on when you flip the switch on the light to turn them on. They now just don't work in any situation. Before the hookup they worked fine.

Franko
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Wondering what you wired wrong to achieve that situation. First things first check all your fuses with a DMM, don't just look at them.
Hondas are sooo easy with DB-ALL2 and D2D.
wzombie001 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2015 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wzombie001
Hey guys finally getting back to it. I am still having the problem of the factory alarm going off when I start the vehicle unless I use the factory key fob to unlock prior to remote starting. Everything else works fine.anyone have the 2012 pilot vehicle wiring guide? The only one posted is for a 2013 and the wires are the same everywhere except in the door panel. Can't figure this out. Thanks
Franko
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2015 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Have you wired the locks from the DB-ALL2 or from the 4205?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic