icon

sundown audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
I have been reading a lot about their subs they look very well built. However they have so few dealers who carrier their product. So I am torn by are they really any good? I have been looking at the Fosgate T1 10" sub.
I would really like a well built sub that is Made in the U.S.A is that so much to ask?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Sundown is a very reputable company. Do not be concerned about the fact that they have very few dealers.
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Cool, just found out they are also made in China ugh. Maybe FI audio, really trying to get products my in the good old U.S.A
Its proving to be a real pain.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Good Luck with that.
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Lol thanks sundown audio -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
somewhere down the line its going to be made in china and just assembled in the US. i think crossfire is supposed to be made in the USA.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
FI is out of Las Vegas. I don't like to say this but for the most part look for what will fit your needs and not where it was made. There are many companies out there and it would probably be best to talk with your local car audio installation facility. There are many that are true professionals and will get you in the right direction. There is a lot of misinformation on the internet.
jamo11 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I suspect that most of the low volume, designer companies - like Sundowner probably, though I do not have any specific facts about Sundowner - are selling a Chinese product that is basically the same or very similar to others.
They are just putting their name on something one Chinese company is producing for many brands. I don't know if they're all like that, but if a company doesn't have the volume of Kicker or JL Audio or Pioneer or Polk, the product is not going to be substantially differentiate from others, unless it's very expensive, and maybe not then.
Individual buyers can undoubtedly specify a particular part from the shelf, some take a good one of these and a cheap one of those, but it's mostly all going to be Chinese.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic