the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5701 alarm/remote start, 99 legacy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Guess you could change the wiring around a bit to see if the internal Starter1 relay is bad.  You would lose Starter Kill
and Anit-Grind but might get the remote start function working. 
1. Connect H3/2 RED / White to +12V, if it isn't already.
2. Disconnect H3/3 and H3/4 from vehicle starter wire.
3. Re-join the cut vehicle starter wire.
4. Connect H3/7 Pink/White to vehicle starter wire.
5. Program Viper for Flex Relay = Starter   ( Menu 3, Item 8, Option 3 )
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, but not sure about NZ vehicles.  Here in the States ( Colonies to Howard ), we didn't see transponder based ignition immobilizer's in Subies until 2007 or so.  Any possibility that your vehicle has one?
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Wasn't thinking of that K. NZ gets Oz market cars or directly from Japan/ Oz cars would be heavily immobilised, Japanese not. Take your choice!! Daughter's VW of the same age as the Subie was a German build for the Japanese market, low mileage and costing secondhand about 10 times the UK equivalent definitely does have a transponder.
josephstef 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Silly question is there any dealer or service support in Kiwi land, my daughter lives in Christchurch and when I go next year, I'm thinking of bringing her one to install in her car.
Not that I know of, they only really do Mongoose alarms here.
So i'm almost there, got remote start working, the tach wire was reading the Cluster welcome voltage (my rpm needle goes up high and down when I turn the car on) removed that and it engages the starter fine.
My last and what seems to be the final problem!, When im driving and Stall the car, or even on 1st start after a few hourse I sometimes loose power to the entire car, eg dash lights go off door lights, everything.
The minute I pop the bonnet pin open I get power back to the vehicle, sometimes it holds power but if I shut the bonnet or even a car door it turns everything off again.
I stalled the car today on the road and had to get out in traffic and pop the bonnet open then close it then try start the car which killed power again and had to repeat that cycle.
It seems intermittent I cant reproduce it all the time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tach photo on the previous page, got to be better than pulling the dashboard to get at it, especially when the one I'm doing on Monday has a POS carbon fibre applique.
kreg357 
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Subaru's always have a nice firewall grommet for any wires going into the engine compartment.  viper 5701 alarm/remote start, 99 legacy - Page 3 -- posted image.   Much easier than pulling the interior apart.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Actually 2! I'm using the right hand (driver side here and in NZ) for the siren, passenger side for the dealer fir hood (bonnet) switch.
I actually did this car on Wednesday but had nightmares "killing" the original dealer fit alarm passive lock and immobilise.
Then the brainwave! The Subies I did for a film crew, they were still in the studio in the back lot so I stripped one down to see what I'd done before.
josephstef 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2014 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Got my b4 sussed, put diodes on all the input wires and everything works fine now! finished finally!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2014 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
You lost me, b4?
josephstef 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2014 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Oh Subaru B4 aka legacy/liberty.
And I spoke to soon, lost power again everywhere this morning everywhere when I remote started and forgot to put the key in.
When I proceeded to put the key in and start it back up again power went out (including to the alarm/dome light ), open the bonnet pin power comes back up... so weird!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic