icon

viper 5704v intermittent operation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
moto_user 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I called a shop who said they would flash it for $25 so I'll take it by there and see if they can also look the whole install over. The place that initially did the install wanted 2 hours of labor to pull the module and re-flash it so I'm never going back to them again. Thank you for the help!!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2015 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
O.o
It takes 15 minutes to pull and reflash. Faster if you have a laptop. $25 is reasonable I suppose. Make sure you iterate to them that you want unsupported features disabled (i.e. sliding doors, non-equipped sensors, etc.). This will save future headaches.
The DBALL reads all data on the bus. It can't pick and choose what it needs to look for. Some data looks similar or contains a 'nested command' (i.e. lock the doors) where it's saying "Drivers door: lock, Passenger door: lock, left sliding door: lock". Even though you have a truck, Nissan makes their BCM so that their firmware can be installed in any one of their vehicles with different features. So it will send rogue commands regardless of whether the feature is installed.
The DBALL can read this data as the truck is sending it. So it says "ok, what's the status of the sliding door?" Your truck is going to reply "its open" and the alarm is going to trigger. Why? Because there is no sliding door. And Nissan's computers know that the door doesn't exist, but it can't communicate that. DBALL asked for a status, not whether the door exists.
Hopefully that makes sense. The sliding door is just an example. There are about 50 different things they can "check" and "uncheck" and they are used for outputs and inputs using the databus.
If you show them the thread, they'll probably know what I mean! viper 5704v intermittent operation - Page 2 -- posted image.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
moto_user 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Well the shop was reluctant to just reflash the DBALL because they said it's a sloppy install and I will have issues again. They suggested re-installing the entire system. I ordered the xkloader2 and reflashed it tonight myself. Still isn't working, I get either flashing red, flashing orange or both on the DBALL and it still won't lock and unlock the doors. A couple of times that I flashed it, it would flash my parking lights on the truck though. Now I have to decide whether I want to order a new DBALL and try that or have someplace re-install the whole alarm.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Have you checked the data wires at the OBD II? Check for continuity between the pin at the DBALL and the data wire up the car's harness to verify connectivity. Do this for both the data wires. If they're not connected well, you'll have problems, and you won't be able to program the DBALL.
If you're going to swap the bypass, use a iDatalink module. They're much more reliable.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic