the12volt.com spacer
icon

astrostart, 06 equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeshow 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Got a newish remote and it didn't work. But I'm not sure if the remote is good. Put new batteries in it and it just lights up. No sound
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2014 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Okay. Finally got around to ohm the antenna wires. The black had no continuity. Spliced in a new wire and was able to reprogram both remotes. But when I press a button I can hear the brain click and the parking lights flash but nothing else happens. What's my next step?
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Figured it out. Had a bad ground under the dash. Now I have lock/unlock. Gonna take it to an audio shop to reset the bypass to get the remote start to work
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
If the dip switches weren't changed, you should need to have it reset. The necessary configuration/setting is hardcoded to the dip positions. If an audio shop tampered with the settings while do an audio install then and only then would I take it to them to fix it and I'd make them do it for free (if they didn't mess with it, it wouldn't need to be fixed so I'm not going to pay them to fix what they broke).
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
I'm never going back to that audio shop. I paid them a lot if money to install my double din and they didn't even do it right and I got the car back with the remote start not working. A friend told me about another shop that does all of his custom stereos and I'm going to call them on Tuesday and try and work something out with them.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
EDIT: "you shouldn't need to have it reset"
I'm guessing the vehicle isn't remote starting and displays the security light on the dash when remote starting? The only time that bypass needs to be setup is the one time so long as no one touches the dip switches and the vehicle doesn't change ignition cylinders it never has to be re-setup again regardless of dead batteries, sitting for ages, EMP pulses, or whatever power and memory loss scenario one can concoct.
Not going back to that shop is a good idea.
steeft 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote steeft
This might be a long shot as this thread was posted a couple of months ago but...
i own a 06 ford ranger and have discovered that i have an Astroflex remote car starter that is very similar to yours.
Part # 392-127-300 Rev-1
Bar code # MV1654171
However, the truck did not come with a key fob or an antenna, im wondering which ones should i purchase?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you need a 613-TX (3 button) or 711-TX (1 button) each are 46 plus taxes
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic