icon

viper 5906v with ads-alca

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jgray1978 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
I'm hoping that someone can help me here. Originally I installed my older Autopage RS-1100 alarm in my 2012 Camaro with a new idataLINK ALCA module. I had the module flashed for 2-way when I bought it. I had a change of heart and ordered a new Viper 5906V and have installed it in place of the Autopage. I took the ALCA module back to the place of purchase and they reflashed it with the DBI firmware.
I am getting nothing off of this thing. I plugged it in holding the button and the LED never illuminates. I have tried multiple button presses with nothing. I metered the black and red wires coming from the Viper and there is 12V. I even plugged up my old ADS-AL module to see if I could get any activity...nothing.
What am I missing here?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2014 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
You have to look at the old and new guides and make sure the wiring hasn't changed.
Also make sure your using the correct D2D cable, I don't recall but I believe they are different. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on that.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
You have to look at the old and new guides and make sure the wiring hasn't changed.
Also make sure your using the correct D2D cable, I don't recall but I believe they are different. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on that.
Catback is right. I'd call the place that flashed the ADS and ask them if they can tell you the guide number to reference. When you flash an iDatalink bypass it'll tell you exactly what guide to follow.
Also, the D2D DBI harness has a red connector on the end. I'm guessing you probably have the correct cable because the D2D ADS cable is a different size with a black connector.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic