icon

2006 civic problem with new key bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chain 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2014 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have just finished wiring up a new remote start (Avital 5303) and immobilizer bypass (DBALL2) on a 2006 Honda Civic. All connections are soldered and taped.
The remote will start the car but only if the key is in the ignition. Without the key in the ignition the remote start will crank the starter but the green "immobilizer" icon flashes on the dash and the motor won't fire. My conclusion is that the DBALL2 is not properly bypassing the immobilizer. I believe I have it wired correctly and when I go through the programming it gives me a green light for 3 seconds like it says it should when it has "learned" the key.
I have the d2d wire between the RS and the DBALL2. Other than that my wiring is as follows below.
Any ideas out there? I am ready to toss the DBALL2 in the trash and try a key-box type bypass...but it seems like this one SHOULD be working. Are there other connections I absolutely need to have wired for the bypass to work (factory alarm arm/de-arm, park lights, etc)?
Dball2:
1. Wire Lock Output and Unlock Output:
• Dball2 BLACK/ White goes to Green (pin16) in white 18-pin plug above driver kick
• Dball2 GREEN/ Black goes to Gray (pin12) in white 18-pin plug above driver kick
2. Wire Immobilizer:
• Dball2 Light Green goes to Immobilizer (pin4 – pink wire)
• Dball2 ORANGE / Black goes to Immobilizer (pin3 – light green wire)
• Dball2 Pink goes to Ignition Switch (pin6 – blue wire)
3. Wire Ignition Input:
Relay Satellite:
1. Wire Starter Connections:
• Cut Yellow starter wire in half and strip
• Relay Purple goes to starter side of Yellow starter wire in ignition harness
• Relay Green goes to key side of Yellow starter wire in ignition harness
2. Wire +12V:
• Relay Red (pin3) goes to White in ignition harness
• Relay Red (pin5) goes to White in ignition harness
3. Wire Accessory Circuit:
• Relay Orange (pin 4) goes to either orange in the ignition harness
4. Wire Ignition Circuit:
• Relay Pink (pin 6) goes to Blue in ignition harness
Avital 5-pin connector:
1. Avital BLACK/ White for Neutral Safety Switch Input goes to ground to enable remote start
2. Avital Violet/White (tachometer) goes to NOT YELLOW/BLACK at any fuel injector
3. Avital Brown (brake switch) goes to MICU (top 42-pin plug) – light green wire
Avital 12-pin connector:
1. Avital Red goes to ignition switch +12V (white)
2. Avital Black goes to ground
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2014 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Try a W2W connection between the avital and the dball2 - a module reset and reprogram is required.
Aside from that, the LED Diagnostics & Troubleshooting section of the install guide can help you. The LED should flash green during a remote start session, if it doesn't the module isn't receiving the ground while running signal via D2D or W2W.
chain 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2014 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe my ignorance but doesn't a W2W require a bunch more wires? Was trying to avoid that. Of course if it is just wires between the DBALL2 and the RS...that's not exactly hard to do...
That being said - I am not seeing a green flash when I try the RS and the starter is cranking. I must have missed that as I have read the led troubleshooting part many times. So I am not receiving a GWR? I will start looking but what could be the source for that?
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2014 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Gotta w2w to start troubleshooting
chain 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2014 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Catback - you rock! That was exactly what I needed. The status output from the RS had to be connected to the dball2...the dball2 instructions fail to note this for a type 2 honda install. Need to solder it but it fired right up after I twisted wires together and reprogrammed the bypass.
Don't know how to thank you. Was ripping my hair out over this for half of yesterday.
God bless.
z66modder 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for posting that, it solved my problem as well. Why is this GWR not mentioned in the install guide to be required for D2D. It's freezing cold outside and I've lost hours out there double checking everything. Now if I could only get the rest of the D2D signals to work?
02 Avalanche remote start, 07 Altima remote start, 07 Civic Hybrid remote start/ alarm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic