icon

02 duramax issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mleaser 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, Im running into an issue with a 2002 Sierra Duramax that it cant stay running. One of the odd things about the truck is that it has the older non-resistor or non-chipped keys and can start on those, but they need to be jiggled around to get the ignition switch to turn. So i hooked up the remote start without the bypass. Set it up in tach mode with the tach wire hooked up to the white wire in the back of the instrument cluster. It cranks and runs for a split second and turns off (it will keep trying to start 2 more times). So i switched it to timed start and turned it up to 2 seconds. It starts and runs again for a split second then turns off.. and then i can hear the starter going a little bit after it turns off. So i thought an ignition/acc wire related. So i remote started it, but the key in the ignition and turned it to the ON position during the wait to start. Cranks, runs again for a split second and turns off. I dont think it can be a passlock issue because it wont even crank if it was immobilizer related. All connections soldered, professionally installed (done over 1,000 of these). I'm just really baffled at this point.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
If your not using a passlock 2 bypass then that is your issue. Nothing on the key gives away the presence of passlock 2, it's self-contained in the ignition cylinder.
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'm using a ADS-TB GMv2.6
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure that you are wiring the bypass correctly either through the data cable or hardwiring the connections between the remote starter and the bypass. Is the bypass LED flashing green when you are trying to remote start. Make sure that both ignition wires in the truck are powered (pink and white). Connect and program tach. Insure the remote starter is grounded to the chassis and not a steel piece in the dash.
sparky
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Solved
Owner got the new GM keys (bigger head) from the dealer and the bypass programmed.
Thanks guys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic