icon

compustar cm7000 and domelight

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssam99 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
just recently finished a new alarm install on 2007 toyota camry.(manual transmission)
There's an issue that I haven't been able figure out the cause yet.
for some reason, after im parked and the parking brake is set. once i release the foot brake the dome light comes on.. but shortly after turns off.
while i'm idling in park. the alarm seems to randomly activate the dome light, happens every 5 mins or so.. but then shuts right back off.
I dont have the alarm hard wired for the dome light because the dome light comes on automatically when i unlock the doors and shuts off when i lock the doors. ( so arming and disarming the aftermarket alarm takes care of this)(dome light feature option is disabled in the compustar alarm also)
but why is it when i'm parked it seems to randomly turn on the dome light??? what is causing this??
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like a loose door pin switch...
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Just a wild shot in the dark...did you pinch any wires in the door sill or kick panel area? Maybe a door pin wire getting grounded by accident? Say one of the push pins snagged the wire and when you popped the panel back in it is causing an intermittent short.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
ssam99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

prdjr165 wrote:
sounds like a loose door pin switch...

Already checked. door pins are good. dome light works as it should when the alarm is not active.

racerjames76 wrote:
Just a wild shot in the dark...did you pinch any wires in the door sill or kick panel area? Maybe a door pin wire getting grounded by accident? Say one of the push pins snagged the wire and when you popped the panel back in it is causing an intermittent short.

maybe, but unlikely because the domelight works as it should when the alarm is not active.

even after i arm the alarm, i sit there and watch to see if the dome light randomly turns on and it doesn't. It only does it during the above senario.  ( i should have also mentioned that, as soon as i engage my parking brake and release the foot brake. the alarm goes into reservation mode for remote start. it also turns on the dome light. as you exit and close the vehicle it arms and locks all doors, dome light goes out and doesnt randomly turn on.   

its only doing it at idle, before i get ready to go into reservation mode,  (ie, parking brake engaged, release brake, .. then domelight comes on.  if  i dont open the door the dome light goes out.    but comes on randomly as i'm idling. I dont know if this is normal, maybe my factory camry is trying to turn off the dome light and the alarm is turning it back on because the door isn't open.  how do i fix this issue.?

has anyone had this problem with their compustar?

ssam99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
okay well... i think i'm going to try to disable the factory dome light control and hard wire the dome light to the aftermarket alarm instead.
to see if that solves the problem....
ssam99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
on another note: the ignition controlled door locks seem to only work when they want to. ie.. sometimes it locks sometime it doesn't.
this compustar installation has been a pain in my rear. for installation issues. i've installed dei and autopage alarms before. never have i had this much trouble..
their customer service isn't helping much either 5 days later still no response from them..
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
In situations like this I think it is better to explain what wires of the compustar brain got connected to what wires to the car. I've never had a problem doing this car with a compustar system.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
ssam99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
In situations like this I think it is better to explain what wires of the compustar brain got connected to what wires to the car. I've never had a problem doing this car with a compustar system.
all the wires are connected per the compustar cm7000 wiring guide. with exception of wires not needed because of the blade AL bypass module integration.however i had to hard wire in the door lock and unlock wires because the blade-al apparently doesn't seem to control the door locks when you turn on ignition controlled door locks. it works for lock and unlock through remote but not for ignition controlled locks. does this seem odd?
today i went out and disabled automatic reservation mode (it engages anytime the parking brake is set) and changed it to manual mode where it lets you control when you enter reservation mode ( ie before you get out of the vehicle hold start button on the remote to engage reservation mode)
its still only doing it(domelight issue) in reservation mode while the car is idling. I'm thinking it has some do with the programing or firmware in the brain.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
When I meant to say is not to tell me that it is wired correctly but the label wires like so
Compustar Constant Red---- to Black Constant at ignition switch.
you may have another wire connected that is causing that issue
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
ssam99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
did you run into any issues installing this alarm into a manual transmission camry? the problem i'm having only occurs when during reservation mode.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic