icon

15 wrangler unlimited recommendations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bhansensfd 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Looking to install a remote start and security system in my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited. I have looked at a bunch of manufacturers as well as plug and play, DBall, Dball2, DBall 2 Pro, etc. I have also looked at all the sensors available and my head is swimming so I am hoping some of you can offer some recommendations.
Im looking for a 2 way remote start with decent range. I would also like the alarm to be 2 way and protect the hood, doors, and interior when the soft top is on. (Ive heard good and bad about shock sensors, air movement sensors, and perimeter sensors.)
Im curious to see what recommendations you have as far as products and accesories you feel I would need. I have a background in electronics so I feel comfortable installing the system but would like to use the systems with the T Harness, for ease of install, if they are a decent system. If not I am willing to splice into and solder wires.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bill Hansen
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I'd go with something like a Compustar FT-7000as paired with a set of RF-2W9000-SS remotes. For the bypass/vehicle interface, I'd go with the iDatalink ADS-ALCA and ADS-HRN CH5 t-harness.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
FWIW, I did a similar install on my wife's 09 Wrangler. Only I used a FT-6200s, which is remote start only. I didn't bother with the alarm system because the Jeep has a soft top. My philosophy with the Jeep is this, if you like it, don't leave it. Regardless what you install for an alarm system, a thief can slash the top open, steal what they want and be gone before you can get to the vehicle. So it's kind of pointless if you ask me.
Eventually, I do plan to install power door locks for convenience.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic