the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 5303, 2001 Dodge Intrepid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Good news and bad news.   First the bad news - I don't use Python products so I am not sure if the Avital 5303 is the same.

Assuming they are similar ( DEI seems to follow the same color coding on most all of the wires ), here are the answers.

The 5303 can directly support the Interpid's one Starter wire, two Igniton wires and one of the Accessory wires.   This is

shown below :

➤ Heavy gauge relay satellite wiring diagram

H/1  PURPLE  STARTER OUTPUT TO STARTER (STARTER SIDE)        Yellow (+)  @ ignition harness   \   cut wire
H/2  GREEN  STARTER INPUT FROM IGNITION (KEY SIDE)       Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness  /  
H/3  RED  (+) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT           Pink/Black (+)   @ ignition harness
H/4  ORANGE  OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT         BLACK/ Orange (+)  @ ignition harness
H/5  PINK  OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT        Dark Blue/white (+)  @ ignition harness
H/6  RED  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT              Red (+)   @ ignition harness
H/7  PINK/WHITE  OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION CIRCUIT      GREEN/ Red (+)  @ ignition harness   * Default is IGN2
H/8  RED / WHITE  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT               Red (+)   @ ignition harness

The second Accessory wire will require some extra parts.  You will need a 30/40 Amp SPDT Bosch style automotive relay

and an in-line fuse holder with 20 Amp fuse.  The wiring is shown below :
Relay Pin 85 to Python 5303 Remote start ribbon harness, Pin 4 ORANGE  (-) 200mA  ACCESSORY RELAY TURN ON
Relay Pins 86 & 87 to +12V constant through 20 Amp fuse ( Pink/Black (+)   @ ignition harness )
Relay Pin 30 to Intrepid Second Accessory  BLACK/ White  (+)   @ ignition harness
Relay Pin 97a not used

Looks like you will have to do some delicate surgery on the Remote start ribbon harness to make your nice, soldered,

connection to the Orange wire.

Soldering is fun!
sportsfreaked 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Kreg thanks for the info. Looks like I have plenty of relays For this project. You're full of good news lol. I will wait until I have the unit as I think I have everything I need for this. The wife will be happy for sure as it was pretty cold tonight.
I will probably wait until Saturday to start this as I have a procedure that I have to have done on Friday morning. If it goes OK I may be able to start Friday afternoon. I will do a write up of the project so that it may help someone else when I am done.
ED
As always thanks for the information and help! It's greatly appreciated
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Cool, a write-up with pictures on the Intrepid would be a welcome addition to the forum.  Bulldog Security has some photo's of a few of the wires and trim removal :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx  ( If you do take pictures, go with VGA mode.  They are the right size for posting and have enough detail. )

Hope all goes well on Friday morning.  Python 5303, 2001 Dodge Intrepid - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
I will probably use cannon digital camera to take the pics. Not sure how to get them to VGA but I will cross that bridge when I come to it LOL.
ED
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Well there was a delay in shipping the Python so it won't be here until next Wed 12/10. I will start on the project Thursday 12/11 and do a write up when I'm done. Hopefully I'll have pics as well.
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
I do have one more question. I think this will be the last one I have but please don't hold me to it. It looks like I'm going to need like 4 relays. Can I power all 4 relays with one 12v fused wire since the relays will not all be in use at the same time? As always thanks for the time in answering.
Ed
kreg357 
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, but if you use a fuse rated at the highest relay's current draw, then it would not really protect the other circuits properly.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
You should only need one additional relay for the second accessory circuit. everything else can be provided by the remote start unit.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
I need a relay for the trunk release, and don't I need a relay for the rear window defogger, and a starter kill switch and the parking lights?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
in that case only 2 are required.
one for 2nd acc, one for trunk release. looking at the wiring guide there is a starter kill built into the satellite relay.
rear window defogger is negative so no need for a relay there. parking lights like i said you can adjust the polarity on the unit and connect accordingly.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic