the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 BMW M3 Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys so it's been a while since I've post anything. And need some assistance with a remote start. Got a 2014 BMW M3 from a customer and can't find a unit that would work for that vehicle. Was hoping that ADS-BM1 from Idatalink would work but no luck. Has anybody done a remote start on this kind of vehicle? It has the smart key I believe and whant to do a 2way unit. Thanks in advance.
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Niche vehicles almost always need a key wrap w/ transponder ring...this is a big sacrifice for the customer but the only way to provide a stable transponder. It's a relatively simple install with the use of a relay and some thin wire, and of course the customers extra key or valet key.   Hope that helps.
Solder, tape, repeat!
ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick response. I did a 2001 BMW 325i with key in a box a while back. But I don't understand how this 2014 BMW m3 will work the same if it's a push to start. Also if it did what wiring diagram could I use since I only got access till 2010 diagrams. Does any body have a wiring diagram for that vehicle?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Try Xpresskit Euro section, my other half does the late BMWs. He uses a DB-ALL2 key wrap as explained above and an adaptor cable from the PTS to the DB.
Euro cars especially the Germans have extra immobilisation hence the need for a key.
The Ford Fiesta for example, Euro and US versions all made in Spain but the Euro version needs a key wrap!
Yet I've installed to UK made Hondas and Toyotas and done the by-pass via data!
From what I've gathered F series BMW don't need K1BMW, only a DB-ALL.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
DBALL2 doesn't work with the M3 made here in canada, only in the euro market due to different can network. theres a reason why idatalink, fortin dont have coverage yet. due to the incompatibility thats why xpresskit doesn't list it under cad/usa as a solution.
Personally tried and tested on my own 14 F30/F31 M3
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ceasar326 
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the input. I had the customer bring in the car for a check up and looked at the information sticker on the side of the door. Where the vin # and all other information is located. And notice that it says 5/13. But checked vin # for year and shows for 2014. So my question now is do u guys think I can still use the Idatalink ads-bm1 and flash it for 2013 even though vin says 2014.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
give it a shot and see.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
13 and 14 should be the same.
The electrical systems stay much the same, E46 and E90 shared many similarities.
ceasar326 
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yea that's what I thought. I got it scheduled for Friday and let u guys know how it goes. Thanks for the help and on till Friday.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic