icon

2015 honda civic pts at

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daflipcyde 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Viper 4204V with ADS-AL-CA via D2D. Everything works. The only problem I have is now whenever the vehicle starts with FOB and engine running the driver side unlock/lock switch will only lock once and that's it. Will not function in lock or unlock again. Passenger side works no problem. When engine is off driver side switch works flawlessly. I unplugged the ADS and start vehicle with FOB the switch works no problem. Any ideas why ADS module will not make the driver side switch not work while engine running whether it be with FOB or remote started?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
you most likely got the wrong wires at the kick panel for the unlock.
there are many wires of the same gauge, and meter similarly. you should unplug it and trace back to the pin location
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
daflipcyde 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
So even though the viper remote will unlock and lock the doors i might still have the wrong pin for unlock? Still doesn't make sense though that lock will only work once on drivers door switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
Key sense connected?
But I agree with Ted, on right hand drive versions I seem to remember that the plug appears to have more than one lock unlock wire.
BTW Ted, I should be receiving new style Viper cable and antenna next Monday, $30 inc. airmail from the US.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2014 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
the adsalca sends lock and lock commands through the can network. when the vehicle is running the doorlocks on the can network are inoperable (hence the analogue connections for un/lock)
an easy test would be disconnect the two wires ran to the kick for lock/unlock. if your problem is resolved you grabbed the wrong wires.
in the door harness you have lock/unlock, arm/disarm, lock position, driver unlock motor, power window etc. the plug comes out easy so its best to fins the pin.
howie, are you using the new style remote as well?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2014 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
Ted, yes, usual story walking over to the local library, come out and realise my keys are missing. I see them in the middle of the road but alas OLED monster remote has become road kill.
So colleague got me a new LCD without realising, hence need for antenna and antenna cable.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic