the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 f150 sa key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hello techs i just did a Remote start installation on the 2011 ford F150 SA key everthing works perfect ,just don't know if you guys have seen it before when the truck will start with the remote start the ads tb clicks just like 2or 3 times inside you can hear the clicks ,just that . remote start works just fine no prblem but i never heard it before ,n have you guys see it before ? thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

Saw that on a 2014 Explorer.  Additionally the 4WD Mode select switch would sometimes be disabled after a remote start ( but always worked OK with a key start ).

Ended up pulling the ADS TB module, flashing it to some other firmware, then flashing it back to TB FM3 and reprogramming it to the explorer.  After that it did not click and the 4WD Mode selector switch had no issues.

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg357 could it cause any kind of problem on the truck ? its was working just fine but it clicks before start ,i try another TB but happens the same ,then i re flash TB 3 TIMES and it keep clicks ,should i call the truck back and try somenthing different or do you think its ok ,long still working?thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

The one in that Explorer clicked rapidly during the engine cranking, like 4 or 5 times.  I didn't like it and when I saw the issue with the 4WD Selector knob, I decided to start swapping modules and brains.  Like I said, the issue cleared ( might have switched to another ADS TB, I can't remember ) and there was no clicking during remote start and the 4WD Mode Select switch always worked.  Haven't had a call from the customer since the install and spoke with him about another R/S install a couple of weeks ago.

This was the only time I had the issue.  Maybe some other ADS TB FM3 users have some additional input????

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
yes i did not like that clicks but its working just fine i hope someone tell me what could cause it,if its a defective TB,or another thing ,ok thanks Kreg357 for the input.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Only time it clicks for me if it's an 80 bit install. Sounds like a relay turning on and off 5 times fast. 40 bit install never heard it.
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just had this on a 2012 f150 w/ 80 bit key, rapid clicking before start, but functioned fine otherwise ..thought it was weird but it worked flawlessly...perhaps a call to idata tech support if you're concerned. Cheers
Solder, tape, repeat!
ricardoboston 
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
METZ35 you are just right that truck was 80bit install,so its normal ok thanks
ricardoboston 
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
shark mobille thanks you too

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic