icon

2012 ford mustang manual trans rap shut

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriskonzen 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
We have a 2012 Ford Mustang with a Manual Transmission.
We are using a Crimestopper RS4G4 for our Remote Start
We have set up our door pins using DEI's tech doc for N.C. door pins
We are using an ADSTB module for bypass.
Everything is done and functions well except: When we set reservation mode the the radio is on when exiting the vehicle. Once we close the door and the engine shuts down, the radio remains "ON" until the driver's door is pulsed. We can't pulse the driver's door because we will lose the reservation mode. I was emailed a solution from Compustar, however my Crimestopper unit does have the same options for rearm. I am looking for a creative way to shut down the radio upon exit of the vehicle. I presume a relay used in conjunction with the rearm wire? Any body have any ideas?
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe you can try using 2 relays like this: One relay to pulse the door pin, the other relay to interrupt the door pin monitoring wire of the R/S. Both would be triggered by the rearm pulse.
So in theory the door pin monitoring is interrupted for the duration of the rearm pulse, while the door pin is pulsed to shut off RAP.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Leave the RS on the driver's door switch. Pulse the passenger door switch to cancel RAP. The door switches are L&R isolated inputs to the BCM. Double-check that the passenger door cancels RAP. It does in the F-series trucks, it probably does in the Mustang too.
The newest diagram for Mustang I could find is 2010. The RH door switch is pin #2, white wire, at "Smart Junction Box". I believe this is the BCM.
You could also ignore the radio remaining on, and let the RAP time-out on its own.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic