the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 rx350 is there a tach wire in cabin?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
To be honest, i don't ever recall testing for tach. I would simply hook up to "tach" wire and try to program the unit. It it doesn't then i start wire hunting.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
That's exactly what I was saying Ted, except you explained it better.
Big secrets.
a) Know where to look, coils (once upon a time) injectors even Camshaft position sensor. Rear of instrument panel on some cars, note 3 wire connections to tach gauge, 12V+ign, ground and tach. Most Toyotas and BMW, pin 9 on OBD ll socket.
b)Rarely use a meter, I use a Mac 120 RED / green LED tester much quicker than using a meter.
ptscon 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, I actually managed to run wires through the firewall by soldering them to the clothes hanger and hooked it up to a injector.
I have the remote start part working, car starts just fine.
howie I saw your post regarding RX350 two step door unlock but I'm not quite sure about it. I'm running wires to the driver door switch, I can get them to lock and unlock but the 2-step unlock is a hit and miss. Sometimes it will work and other times it wont, it seems this APS997E doesn't like quick button presses or something.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
Could you remind me? Link etc?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
I'm more familiar with the "C" line of Prestige and Pursuit starters, as the E series just came out. I've done quite a few of the entry level E stuff, but not yet an APS997E.
I have two suggestions for you, especially with Toyota/Lexus.
1: Go into programming, and change the door lock setting to....I think it's the last setting? The one that has 350ms unlock pulses. That should work better.
2: If that doesn't work, turn 2-step unlock on, and splice the RED / black second-unlock output onto the green first-unlock wire that you already have connected to the car.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Could you remind me? Link etc?
#4 https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=117264
Chris so 500/350 option means 500 lock and 350 unlock?
07 rx350 is there a tach wire in cabin? - Page 2 -- posted image.
I did play with the 10th feature option for 2-step unlock, but that would simply unlock all doors when hooked up to the green door wire. There's no separate wire driver and passenger doors as far as I know.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Oops I meant grey not green in the driver door for unlock.
Chris ..just saw your post form 2003 (!) regarding RX300 auto headlight shutdown using driver door pin wire. Will try that on my 350, hopefully I can locate the proper wire.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
For anyone that comes across this thread looking for RX350 auto headlight solution the driver door pin switch trick worked perfectly.
On my 2007 it's a thin gauge black wire located in driver kick panel at the very bottom. Did a direct connection to my R/S ground pulse after shut down and the lights timed out after 30 seconds just like they normally would have.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Good to know. Is there also an autolight wire from the headlight switch that can be interrupted?
I recall using a relay to interrupt the autolight wire on an IS300.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Most likely there's a wire but will require a relay. The door pin is way simpler and no relay, wire is easy to access and no hacking around.
I used to have an IS300 and had a shop install R/S on it. I guess they were lazy because the lights would not time out.
I'm down to mounting the modules/wire organization and putting the car back together. Was planning on hooking up rear defrost but no clue where the trigger wire for that is so that's it for now. This was an experience that's for sure :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic