icon

viper 5706v and idatalink connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daytontd 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Okay thanks again. I am going to assume they flashed it with that firmware although they didn't say. I can always hardwire it after if I have to.
One last thing, on the Viper 5706v I do not have an Accessory 2. The Tahoe I seen in your thread has an Accessory wire 1 and 2. Can I just attach the Accessory from the Viper to one of the accessory wires on my truck and call it a day? Or do I need a relay so it does both accessory wires on the truck or can I use pin 3 on the 10-pin heavy gauge connector of my viper labelled "3 Pink/Black (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY" and reprogram it after to act as an accessory 2?
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I've always connected both accessory wires when called upon...relay will be needed to isolate circuit.
~It's me!
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry its been awhile since I worked with relays. Is this correct?
86 - Ground
85 - T'd into Accesory wire 1
30 - Continuous power
87 - Accessory 2
87A - Nothing
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

With your Viper system, I'd do it like this :

Relay Pin 85 to Viper Orange (-) 200mA Accessory wire ( H2/23 )
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Silverado Brown ACC2 wire
Relay Pin 87a not used

Your relay wiring would turn on the relay with a regular key start and keep it on the whole time the truck was running.

Soldering is fun!
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that makes more sense, thanks a lot guys you've been a ton of help!
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
One more question guys; I plan to use the PIN 16 BROWN / Black (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT on the Viper side of the 24 pin connecter in addition to the siren. However, for my truck I assume I need a relay, is this correct, or do I need a ground instead of power?
Relay Pin 85 to BROWN / Black (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Horn (-) Black BCM Grey Plug
Relay Pin 87a not used
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

The truck's horn wire needs a (-) signal.  You can directly connect the Viper (-) Horn Output to the Horn (-) Black wire @ the BCM Grey Plug.  If you wanted to use a relay the wiring would go like this :

Relay Pin 85 to BROWN / Black (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT

Relay Pin 86 to +12V through 1 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 87 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 30 to Horn (-) Black BCM Grey Plug
Relay Pin 87a not used

Soldering is fun!
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I'll do it direct, sounds much easier thanks again!
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Okay now I got another issue, everything is hooked up, disarm and arm seems to work okay. I go to remote start and it cranks and just before it fires up it dies. It repeats this process 3 times until it quits attempting. I have been playing with the bypass module and it seems this may be the issue, I reset it to factory, went back to visions and made sure that the correct firmware kreg stated on page 1 was on there which it was. He re-flashed it anyways. Now I reset it using factory procedure, then re-programmed it by unplugging the connectors and holding the button while plugging in the data connecter. It flashs red then goes out. Put the other connnecters in, then attempt to program it to the truck next. I turn the key ahead and it stays a solid red. No matter what I do it always does this. The only time it changes is when I physically start the vehicle it begins to flash red and green until I do a factory reset procedure again. Any ideas?
daytontd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Okay nevermind guys I got it going. Even though it was flashing green and red on the idatalink, I still tried to reprogram some settings on the viper using that button on the windsheild and the remote. I changed the tach settings to tachometer since I ran into to the instrument cluster. Then I changed it to automatic instead of manual (I remember doing this before anyways). And lastly I increased the cranking time to 1.0 seconds. For some reason when I did that, the remote start worked and the bypass module automatically started working with just a flashing green light during remote start. Kind of weird since I didnt have to reprogram the module again or anything.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic