icon

Rs1-g3 only Starts w/Key in Ingnition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reopfd4mwtnmq77 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Also, I don't do the meter testing often. I want to clarify what my test was on the BLACK / YELLOW wire in case I'm doing it wrong.
I have been setting the multi meter to 200 Ohm , putting one lead on a known ground, and then probing the yellow/black wire.
I see no reading on the meter when attempting a remote start.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
turn your meter to v.(20) you want to test voltage, not resistance.
Also you need to put the probe opposite of what you are testing.
So if you are checking positive voltage. you hold the black lead to ground. when you are checking ground, you need to put the red probe to power. If you still have no ground going into module...
perform this test, temporarily tap the black wire (or ground wire) going into the bypass to ground while you remote start. (hold directly to unpainted metal)
If the car starts, then you need to find another ground while remote start, ie status out or - neg ignition out. if it doesnt start, the issue is with the ring
You did say the key started in the bypass until you put it back together?
alot of times those rings move ever so slightly and may be causing car to intermittently remote start.
If your still having issues, let me know the module number of the start and I'll help you find a way to wire the bypass to work.
reopfd4mwtnmq77 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Finally got the car back in the garage.
I put the bypass module back in the car with the sawn off valet key that was originally installed. I tapped the black wire going into the bypass from the starter over to a known ground on the body of the car.
The car started
I undid the wire tap and tried again (now back to the original setup before I started trying to fix things).
Again, the car started
I jostled the BLACK/ red connector, and moved the bypass module up out of the way of the foot well. I was wondering if when i patched the car back up last time it made a wire loose, preventing the remote starter from working.
Still, the car started.
I'm at a loss now. I'm going to patch the car back up this afternoon and see if all is still well, but I have no explanation for the intermittent behavior.
Would you suggest I still wire the ground to the bypass a differently on the chance that wire is the problem?
Also, I noticed the batteries in the remote seemed to be going bad. I replaced them before trying any of these tests. I don't see how this would be a cause though, since the starter was still receiving the signal to start the car during the failing tests from last week.
      You did say the key started in the bypass until you put it back together?
I'm now back in this same situation. Things seem to be working, but I have not yet patched the car back up.
What do you think?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic