icon

2003 trailblazer prostart not cranking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freakincage 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, long time reader first time poster. I've actually never had to post before because all of my questions have always been answered by searching. This is not my first remote starter install, but is my first that requires bypassing anti theft. Any and all help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2003 Trailblazer. No factory alarm. No aftermarket immobilizer. Ive attempted to install a Prostart CT-3471TW remote starter with a ADS-AL CA idatalink bypass module. The bypass was flashed at the place i bought it with "ADS-AL-DL-GM1 5.0" firmware. All of my connections will be listed below, followed by links to the idatalink and prostart manuals. All connections are soldered.
My Dilemma:
When I push the start button for the remote start, all the warning lights, light up. The fuel pump turns on. The remote start box clicks, but the engine does not crank over (with or without the key in the ignition, in the off position). I can start the vehicle with the key, push the start button for the remote start, turn the key to off (and remove it), and the vehicle will stay running. The door lock and unlock feature doesn't work either with the aftermarket remote, but the factory keyless entry works fine. Also, I don't have the park lights or horn connected, as I am unsure which wires I should be using.
I also can not get the idatalink module to "sync" with the vehicle, in either data or hardwired mode. The LED just flashes letting me know what mode it is set to. It is wired for "type 3" installation as per the instruction manual.
I believe that my OBDII port is functioning correctly as I can connect my scan tool to it without issue.
Remote Starter Connections:
6 Pin Harness (Main):
Red -> Red @ ignition harness (+12v)
Red -> Red w/ White stripe @ ignition harness (+12v)
Yellow -> Pink @ ignition harness (Ignition)
Purple -> Yellow @ ignition harness (Starter)
Green -> White @ ignition harness (Second Ignition)
        *the Prostart green wire is labelled as "fifth relay" and
I have it connected directly without an external relay*
Orange -> Orange @ ignition harness(Accessory 1)
Orange -> Brown @ ignition harness (Accessor 2)
        *wired with a relay. +12v from Red w/ White stripe, ground
to chassis*
5 Pin Harness:
Orange -> White @ brake pedal (brake switch +)
Grey -> Hood Pin
Black -> Chassis Ground
Purple -> PURPLE / White @ bypass (Tach)
Yellow -> Currently not connected (Park Light +)
12 Pin Harness:
Blue -> RED / White @ bypass (Trunk Output -)
Brown -> GREEN/ Black @ bypass (Lock Output -)
Green -> Blue/Black @ bypass (Unlock Output -)
GREEN / WHITE -> Brown @ bypass (Disarm Output -)
Grey -> Yellow/Black @ bypass (Negative Door input -)
White -> Blue/White @ bypass (GWR)
3 Pin Harness:
Yellow/White -> not connected (park light output -)
Blue/White -> not connected (aux 1 output -)
Grey/Light Blue -> not connected (aux 2 output -)
Bypass wires not previously listed:
Red -> Red w/ White Stripe @ ignition Harness (+12v)
Black -> Chassis Ground
Pink -> Pink @ ignition harness (ignition + input)
Orange -> Purple (pin 2) @ OBDII port (Data)
This is the install guide for the Prostart unit:
http://autostart.ca/asdocs/ct_3471tw_ig_en_h50s4x.pdf
This is the install guide for the idatalink module:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idatalink.com%2Fsupport%2Fget-install-guide%2Fguide_id%2F6614&ei=BWOjVIKQEIGyyASZ4YCgAw&usg=AFQjCNHCFHB4ivp5QpX9d1xjwBp-BIDLYg&sig2=I6NcNFXqWVcUOPFIiRsPmw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw
I did install type 3.
I'm not slow...I'm Canadian
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Try this with the iDatalink module :
1. Do the Factory Reset procedure ( bottom of Page 9 ) but after Step 5 jump to the Installation Mode Selection ( top of Page 8 )
    procedure.
2. The LED will be doing the single green flash, press the button once to get the double green flash pattern ( Standard Mode ).
    Then press and hold the button to lock it in.  Then continue with the remaining steps of the Factory Reset procedure.
3.  Next do the Module Programming Procedure with the key.  Remember to hold the key in the START position while the
     LED goes solid green for 2 seconds.
Soldering is fun!
freakincage 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
If i do the factory reset, will I lose the firmware that was programmed?
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Nope...firmware will be retained...you're just performing a reset...consider it a do over :)
Solder, tape, repeat!
freakincage 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
What about the no crank issue? Shouldn't the truck still turn over but not fire or is cranking controlled by the bypass?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  

You are correct about the engine cranking without a good Passlock2 bypass.  It should crank, Passlock2 just cuts off the

fuel supply.  Due to the "no locks function" with the Prostart system, I decided to start with that issue first.  Passlock2 is a
ignition cylinder resistor based system, so inserting the key into the ignition switch won't do anything for you.  The key
would have to be turned to the ON position to supply the Passlock2 voltage and that would defeat to purpose because the
switch would power the ignition wires, too.

If the bypass module wasn't programmed to the vehicle, it wouldn't supply a Tach signal.  You have the Prostart unit

connected to the bypasses Tach output.  Did you get a successful Tach Learn with the Prostart? 

I am not a Prostart user, so I'm not familiar with them.  The manual shows "Shutdown Diagnostics".   Connect the system

to the trucks Parking lights and see if that info points towards the no crank issue.

Soldering is fun!
freakincage 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
Which wires do I use to connect the park lights? I did have the (-) park light output connected to the grey/black wire at the headlight switch, but it didn't do anything. I was of the understanding that was the best connection to make.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Verify that you used the correct gray/black wire as there are 2 of them. Use the one between the white and light green wires.
sparky
freakincage 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info guys. Got the lights and horn wired up and working. The no start issue was a faulty bypass. Exchanged it for a new one and everything works great.
Cheers!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic