icon

2014 wrangler build

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
neohiofan 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2015 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2014 wrangler Im in the process of upgrading. I am 39 years old & always kept stock system in my vehicles. I am clueless to most of car audio & need direction. I want something that will have some thump to it but not vibrate the car next to me. So far I've upgraded to:
1. Pioneer AVIC-6000nex
2. Idatalink Maestro rr
3. Alpine Type R SPR-60c in dash & rollbar
As far as the amp I want to install the Alpine PDX-V9 since it can power all of my speakers. Plus it is compact enough to fit under the dash. I don't want it on the floor in case it rains when the top is down or off roading the jeep.
Now the sub. This is where I need help. I have a stock 8" sub enclosure. I am wondering in what direction to go
1. Dynamat & reinforce stock enclosure & upgrade sub to Alpine type R SPR-8D
Should I go with 2ohm or 4 ohm?
2. Local shop can take stock sub enclosure & modify it to fit a 10".
He suggested a 10" JL sub.
I was wondering about alpine Swr-10d 2ohm or 4 ohm
Or the slim mount type r swr-t10
3. Or get rid of the stock sub enclosure & buy the JL Audio stealth box that fits in the rear floor storage area of the 2 door wrangler.
I want to keep the sub either hidden or look stock in the stock sub enclosure so it doesn't get stolen if I run into the store with the top down. Will going through the time, effort, & money try get a 10" be worth over an 8" woofer.
Keep in mind I want some thump but don't need the glass rattling out of the windows. Thank you for your advice.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
since you are not going to be building a spec enclosure I would recommend the 8. It will do what I think you are looking for and since you don't have a ton of room(utilizing the OE enclosure) you won't be putting a massive subwoofer into the enclosure anyway.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic