the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 ford f150 factory oem alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2015 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
hello everyone, I need some help with a 2011 ford F150.
i installed a remote starter with alarm 5303 Avital. This remote starter was installed a month ago and everything was okay,till now but yesterday the aftermarket alarm went off. and the customer call me to take a look so i find out this on his car
Every time that he locks the doors automatic the locks activate his OEM ALARM , so after 10-15 minutes, sometimes more time , the alarm goes off also the OEM goes off too so I checked the car today and the OEM ALARM is the problem cause even with his OEM REMOTE alone the OEM ALARM goes off anyway,i disconnected everthing just because the guy its kind blame me for this, but now looks like he understanding whats going on with his truck , but i whant to try to fix this i think it could be on the door locks itself or maybe a broken wire on the door boot but if you guys know somenthing please i do appreciate thanks
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2015 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
The door ajar switches in Ford trucks are part of the latch assembly. These switches are notorious for sticking in the "door open" position. YouTube and the Ford Truck forums have zillions of suggestions to "spray the latch with WD40" to free it up. I've taken apart about a half dozen Ford truck door latches going after sticking door switches, and I have yet to see how the WD40 would ever get to the switch or help free it. Removing the latch and replacing the switch ($37, IIRC) is the only sure-fire remedy I've found to be a 100% cure.
I'm not sure the 2011 is the same configuration that the 2008 (newest I've worked on), but if so, I would suspect a bad or sticking door ajar switch is causing the factory alarm to trigger.
Ask the owner if he's getting random "Door Ajar" messages while driving, even though the doors are tightly closed.
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2015 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
davep good point ,i will ask if he's getting door ajar messages ,i let you know thank so much happy new year
ricardoboston 
Posted: January 02, 2015 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
i have been talking with the customer and he told me the DOOR AJAR doesn't show on the dash so any other ideas?thanks
ricardoboston 
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
i already talk to some techs here and when i put this remote start on this truck the idatalink tb bypass clicks and clicks about 5 times really fast before the start the truck with the remote starter ,could it been cause this problem on the OEM alarm??
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
i have seen the idata click on ford before. nothing to be concerned about and it shouldn't be causing issues with the oe alarm.
why not leave it all disconnected and see if the problem goes away?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ricardoboston 
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Tedmond i already did it i took off the remote start brain not the bypass and still happening the same with the OEM ALARM ,i was think to have the idatalink replace for a different module maybe fortin ?i don't know if fortin does the door locks ,door trigger,than maybe this problem get better????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic