icon

starting 2 cars at once

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxamy 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing the remote starter on my wifes car.. It's a AS-9055T... I have the same kind on my truck...The problem is when I hit the remote for hers it starts both vehicles... Hers is a 2008 Mercury Sable mine is a 2007 F150.. I have AS 9055T's in both vehicles..I thought the remote programming was different for each remote starter...Any ideas? is there a way to change one of them? I sure could use some advice...
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Did you happen to accidentally program the your spare transmitter to your wife's car? I would try reprogramming the remotes again to see what happens.
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
I reprogrammed the wifes car... not the truck though...I can't start her car with mine but everytime I use hers both vehicles start... I saw where there are 3 circuit boards available for this transmitter... are there only 3 code options or is there many code options per transmitter...??? As luck would have it, I have the same circuit board in each remote... :(
http://www./itm/231316135016?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Reprogram both vehicles. The units should only allow 4 remotes. Assuming you have 2 remotes for each vehicle, program each remote twice to the proper vehicle. This will bump out any other remotes.
sparky
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2015 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
I reprogrammed my truck... 4 times and even did that 4 times...I generally overkill everything...It worked ..I still have to work on her car but at least her remote isn't starting my truck...Thanks for the help...I really appreciate it...
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2015 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me if this unit will work on a 2008 Mercury Sable?
DEI 555F Bypass Module
http://www.remotestartexperts.com/dei-555fw.html
I haven't bypassed PATS yet but have everything else working great on her car...Thanks in advance...
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2015 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
If not the DEI 555 can someone recommend a good one for me? I have used the AS-TCBM on my truck and it works great...a 3rd key isn't a problem for me so the "coffin type" boxes works good...I guess they stopped making the AS-TCBM... anyone here have an idea what is a good replacement? I will have the 3rd key soon... its a Mercury Mountaineer 2008 with an Audiovox AS 9055T installed... thanks in advance
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
555F I don't think works on a car that new.
The AS-TCBM has been replace by the COD-UTI. Works well. DEI's 556U is very popular, high quality and works excellent....might cost you a couple bucks more than the others.
If you're looking for something that won't require you to lose a key, and doesn't need to be programmed on your computer, look at the Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL or DEI's rebadged version of it, the PKALL.
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  
Great info...thanks alot...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
You're welcome.
PS Did you get those 9055s refurbished online?
I've used some of them, and half of them work well, and half of them have had a defect in the antenna where there's only maybe 20-30 feet of range.
Hopefully you're lucky and yours are both OK. But be sure to test both cars from a distance, soon, while you could still contact your seller for a replacement antenna if need be.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic