icon

dei smartstart issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chek 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have a lot of people wanting smartstart installed in my area, so I decided to put one in my girlfriends 2008 saturn outlook, using a DSM200 and dball stand alone install. I wanted to see how well it works here, before I offer to do anyone elses car.
For the first week it worked flawlessly, but then it suddenly would only work maybe twice a day, the rest of the time the app says "unable to communicate with vehicle".
We have strong verizon 4g service and I triple verified wiring.
It appears to me that directed is "throttling" the service after a certain amount of uses, has anyone else had this issue?
markls 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a SmartStart on my brother's CRV for the same reason. It's working fine so far (knock on wood).
But looking at the reviews on the Google and Apple app stores, there are LOTS of people experiencing problems with this system. Bugs, error messages, etc. The hardware seems fine but the software still needs some work apparently....
chek 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I wonder if compustar drone works better....
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
drone works flawlessly from my experience.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
chek wrote:
I have a lot of people wanting smartstart installed in my area, so I decided to put one in my girlfriends 2008 saturn outlook, using a DSM200 and dball stand alone install. I wanted to see how well it works here, before I offer to do anyone elses car.
For the first week it worked flawlessly, but then it suddenly would only work maybe twice a day, the rest of the time the app says "unable to communicate with vehicle".
We have strong verizon 4g service and I triple verified wiring.
It appears to me that directed is "throttling" the service after a certain amount of uses, has anyone else had this issue?
directed is not throttling your uses. The system itself uses a at&t service so if you have spotty at&t service in the area then that is the issue. Also if you are trying it and you get an error, if you are on wifi turn that off and try it again. For some reason there can be issues with wifi.
the new drone system use verizon as a carrier so you will have a differnt out come with that product.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic