2001 dodge ram remote start heater wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skeptic68w 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I am just finishing up the partial featured installation of a scytek astra 4000rs into a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. I installed the keyless entry and remote start without the security features (I find them overly sensitive and annoying).
Everything is installed and working well with the exception of the HVAC. I cannot find the correct wire to connect to supply power to the HVAC while the truck is warming up.
One wiring sheet I was following said it was BLACK/ orange in the ignition harness. There are two BLACK/ orange wires in the ignition harness and it's neither of those. Another said blue/red in the same harness but there isn't a blue/red there. In another thread I read on here, a guy said he finally connected it to BLACK/ brown and that worked but there is no BLACK/ brown in my harness.
Does anyone have the answer here?
Thanks in advance.
skeptic68w 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to say that the HVAC works with the key so it's not a blown fuse.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
BLACK/ white.
Are you not testing your wires? You could have easily found it with a DMM
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
There's a big monster wire under there that needs to be powered up as well. I want to say it's blue.
What I do on those, is there are so many accessory wires, and the tech sheets are often inaccurate...
1: Remote-start the engine; leave it on.
2: Find what you think is the correct accessory wire. Test it, and see if it is off right now. Then (while leaving the remote starter on) turn the key to Run and test it again.
If the wire is dead during remote start, but powers up with the key turned on, try temporarily powering up this wire as an accessory from the remote starter.
3: When you get the car running under remote start, with the heater running too and no warning lights on the dash, make your connections permanent and put the car back together.
skeptic68w 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
The problem ended up being a faulty secondary accessory output from the remote start box. Piggybacked it off the primary accessory and everything is working as it should.
For clarity, The BLACK/ orange is the accessory wire specific to the HVAC so if you want the blower to work while the truck is remote started you need to provide 12v to the thicker BLACK/ orange. The BLACK/ white still requires power under the same conditions(may be secondary ignition and not accessory) because if I removed the power to it during remote start it popped a fuse and prevented the remote start from working.
Thanks guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic