the12volt.com spacer
icon

battery amp hours

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Two 12v batteries in parallel with 300 a/h rating each.which gives me 600 a/hs.does the 20 hour period also increases from 20 to 40,or does it stay the same?
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
Stays the same (for 600AH).
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Thank you Oldspark!
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
And I think you know about isolating them if unused for a while to prevent one discharging the other - specially if different types or ages or capacity or history.
When being charged from a car alternator they can be paralleled, and of course as needed for extra discharge capacity.
And to preserve "matched" batteries when discharging in parallel, co-house them with equal paralleling wires taking and +12V from one & GND from the other.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Well I did not know,I am thankfull for the advice.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2015 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Good day Old Spark! Its been awhile.I have a question.on some batteries it gives the A/H and also a higher AMP total as 400A on the same battery.eg.45 A/H 400A.I understand how A/H works but the higher amprage I don't understand,can you please explain to me how this works.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2015 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Sorry,this is what I got on mine,small battery that I'm using just for emergencies.
ClassA
Cn 45 A/H
Is 240A
What does the 240A means?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic