icon

4 pin to 5 pin relay hack

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sohc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if this has been covered before.. I was desperately needing a 5 pin relay and only had 4 pin ones, i took the cover off to take a look. i found that there is a good spot to solder a connection to for a normally closed (5th pin) position. This comes in handy because sometimes 5 pin relays are hard to find locally, and pricier. check out the attached pic.
You'll want to drill a 1/8" hole in the relay case near where that wire is soldered.. if you try to wrap it around and come out the bottom of the relay you will probably end up interfering with the high power switch mechanism (happened to me).
sohc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
couldnt figure out how to modify my post to include this: 4 pin to 5 pin relay hack -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic