odd problem happening, astroflex mv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snuchster 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I have an Astroflex MV remote car starter which uses the RS-613 transmitter. I lost range (I have to be near the truck to start it and sometimes that doesn't work until I start the truck and let it warm up) with my current transmitter, so I replaced the batteries and still the same. So I ordered and received another transmitter, programmed it and damn......same thing. I used to be able to start my truck from over 200 feet away, if not farther.
I tested the receiver mounted on the windshield by checking the continuity of the wiring wiring from the receiver to the brain, which is good. I also removed the receiver from the wiring/antenna and the truck would not start when trying to remotely start it, so I thought the receiver must be working.
Two things I guess:
1. Why did I lose range unless I have faulty or going bad receiver and
2. Why sometimes it will start after the engine is warmed up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
stevieb_wv 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a very similar problem with my Crimestopper remote start system. I haven't been able to find a cause either.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic