the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Silverado Remote Starter Issue, No Cranking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nismo542
I have installed a python 5706p system using dlpk bypass in the D2D mode. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
wires connected are:
python unit:
RED 12 Volt constant
PINK to pink in ignition harness
ORANGE to brown in ignition harness
Black to Ground
BLACK/ White Neutral Safety Grounded and toggle ON
Small gauge Brown to brake shutdown
White to parklights
Brown to Siren
DLPK Unit:
Pink to Truck side of cut brown transponder wire
WHITE/ Black to key side of transponder wire
Yellow to Pink/Black at Ignition harness
Light Green to Green at transponder
Brown to white in ignition harness
all connections were made and soldered and taped.
dlpk has been programmed per procedure.
door locks work.
engine check mode set to tachometer and learned.
transmission mode set to automatic.
SO here is the ISSUE:
remote start will NOT work.
remote start takeover will work if started with a key, but accessories turn off when key is removed.
when remote start is attempted, the engine light comes on and there is a sound from under the hood, but not the sound of a starter.
during the remote start cycle, if the key is inserted, turned to the ON position then to the OFF position, the engine will start when the key is removed. However no accessories ie blower, radio, etc are active, just the engine running.
this vehicle has factory remote start installed but has been turned OFF. same issue is factory RS is enable or disabled.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
In response with you pm, mmake sure the large gauge red, RED / wwhite, RED / black are all connected to 12v. This vehicle starts when the Acc drops.with no power on that line it won't know when to start.that should fix your problem
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nismo542
i will try that. i did not hook up the RED / white of the RED / black to 12 volt. i thought i needed to but reading the rs manual it looked like they did need to be. i am used to the older models like the 550esp were they were all red.
thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Simple rule of thumb. If it has a fuse, connect to constant power source.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
howie ll wrote:
2013 Silverado Remote Starter Issue, No Cranking -- posted image. x2
Ted
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nismo542
tedmond wrote:
howie ll wrote:
2013 Silverado Remote Starter Issue, No Cranking -- posted image. x2
yep that was the problem. it is working properly now. thanks for all the help.
Also, is it possible to disable the radio staying on until driver door is opened? I know it is a factory feature, but I frequently use the feature on the remote to shutdown the remote start, trouble is the radio stays on until driver door is opened. I can see that going bad.
Thanks.
tedmond 
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
take the Vipers GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT on 24 pin harness, connect to the driver door pin gray/black (-) @ bcm pink plug pin 10
Ted
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nismo542
I am getting the "door open" warning on remote when I arm the alarm, but all doors are closed. Any thoughts?
I have not tried the rearm wire yet.
tedmond 
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the vehicle has a dome light that stays on. in programming Menu 2/Item 4/Opt 2
Ted
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nismo542
tedmond wrote:
the vehicle has a dome light that stays on. in programming Menu 2/Item 4/Opt 2
thanks that's what i needed. should have read through all the menus. so much can be customized with these newer units.
i will look into the rearm wire later on.
thanks again for all the help. all in all it was pretty painless. i always run into some small snag on the newer vehicles.
this forum and members are such a great help! much better than sitting in the car on a cordless phone talking to the manufacturer tech support people like i would have to do back in the day.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic