the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Subaru Outback Remote Start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hairbear21 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hairbear21
After getting all of the information I needed to install a remote start in my Suburban from this outstanding site, I have decided to install one in my Outback.
It's a 2004, with factory keyless entry (using a simple lock/unlock fob).
Is am going to use a Python 4106p system, is there anything special that I going to need to do the install?
Thank you in advance!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
According to my info the only extra part should be a 556U key in box for the by-pass.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Might not need the 556UW.  Don't think Subaru started with transponder immobilizers until 2005 in the U.S. market Outback.  Try a plain metal hardware store copy of your key or do the Foil Wrap test shown in the Pictorial Section.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Thanks K., not too sure, everything in Europe went immobiliser in 1997.
Good point! But.....2004 Subaru Outback Remote Start Install -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Europe went early and Canada followed a few years later.  We still have some new ( 2015 ) cars without transponders...   Must not be as many criminal types in the U.S.   2004 Subaru Outback Remote Start Install -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I blame the Germans (92) and the common market.
Joking aside the US steal them for parts, Euros steal the cars for Africa, Middle East.
Right now you can't even insure any PTS car Rangies, BMs etc. in Central London unless your address has secure garage parking.
hairbear21 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hairbear21
I should be good with the only the remote start, my keys are plain metal Subaru keys without transponders.
That's interesting to know howie II, it's crazy to hear about how crime differs in other countries.
Thanks for the information everyone!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
PTS cars, RFI frequency grabber = unlock.
Shove number cruncher into OBD socket, away you go!!
Above for sale via China on Fleabay.
I've a feeling PTS cars are on their way out for that and other reasons.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic