the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Odyssey Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nubnubz3215 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nubnubz3215
So I had the crazy idea of installing a remote start on a car that i haven't made my first payment yet. Everything works fine, except the car gives a "Check Keyless Starting System" message. I've also noticed that the steering wheel doesn't lock when you shut the car off and there is constant beeping as if you've left the key in the ignition. Anyways any help or recommendations would be appreciated. It's a 2015 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (PTS), with a Viper 4806v and DBALL2. The TPMS also went wacky, but that seemed to resolve itself. Thanks!
2015 Odyssey Remote Start -- posted image.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76

Fairly certain all that is needed to start is one of the sets of CAN wires and the PTS connection. Obvious concerns are that the CAN wires aren't soldered or are connected to the wrong wires. At least one set is correct, or it wouldn't work at all. Did the wires match color and location according to the DBALL2 guide?

Assuming you are using D2D not W2W...either way in this case it should not matter.

hmm hopefully someone chimes in..

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
nubnubz3215 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nubnubz3215
All of the wires matched up except for 2 of them. The immobilizer data wire was listed as purple on pin 5, however that wire wasn't there, so I connected it to an adjacent purple wire. The CAN Low wire was listed as red pin 14 on the OBD2 port, but I used a black wire that was on pin 14 instead. In addition there were two pairs of blue and pink HS can high/low wires and was unsure of which one to use, so I just picked one of them. But the remote start does work fine so I wouldn't think my connections would be the issue, and these connections wouldn't affect the steering lock/keyless starting system right?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
I believe the answer to your issue is in your response. Yes even one wire out of place can cause hundreds of problems. You need to sort this out asap! If you can post detailed photos of where you made your connections (that didnt match 100%) and we can try to help..
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The immobiliser wire on pin 5. On UK models, I've seen that plug black and green, also screwed up a DB-ALL2 by connecting to the wrong wire. Those pastel colours can be confusing.
Look at the pin position rather than the wire colour.
Have you connected ALL of the wires required?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Also take care, the OBD layout has the socket facing you. All the other connectors are wire side.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
The only connections absolutely needed for normal operation from the db-all are the can wires going to the pink/blue and key data (s-net). Seeing as the remote start works, I'm assuming the key data is correct. Does the car shut off when opening the driver's door? If yes, can wires are probably correct also.
The keyless message is normal during runtime but not if you start it normally. I'm assuming that it's on all the time?
The constant beeping is a different story. I've seen this twice. Once when the wrong starter wire was used and the keyless module was toast and once for no reason and it went away after disconnecting the battery. Hopefully the battery trick works for you.
nubnubz3215 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nubnubz3215
I will try to connect the immobilizer data to the wire on Pin 5 Instead. So even if this wire was incorrect the remote start would still work? And yes the car shuts off upon opening the door.
Another quick question, how do you count the pins? Which side of the connector do you look at? Where do you start counting from? The immobilizer data happens to be on a connecter with ~43 pins, so it's a bit hard to tell.
nubnubz3215 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nubnubz3215
And in addition the starter wire was said to be a Light Blue Wire on pin 32 of a 16 pin plug, however I found a light blue wire on the plug. I used a multimeter to test it, so i doubt that it is the issue.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
Look closely at the wire side of the connector, you'll see PIN numbers stamped in the plastic for the pins on the end. IE #1 and 12 on a 24 pin connector. But like Howie said, OBD connectors and usually showen differently.
That message is normal under remote start as BGB stated. And if you unlock hop in and restart too quickly. Does that message appear if you start it Normally?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic