icon

Viper 5702, 5704, 5706 Remote Compatibility

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
I know the 5901, 5702, & 5704 (+ Clifford & Python variants) all share the same antenna & the remotes are all cross compatible.
I installed a new 5706 & noticed the remote has a new look, new charging port, and the alarm's antenna has changed. I didnt have a chance to try it out, but can anyone confirm if the 5706 generation of remote is or is not compatible with the previous generation?
I just bought another vehicle and want to control both vehicles with one remote, which will be a problem if the 5706 is not compatible. (hunting down old version would be my only option)
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2015 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
the 5706/5906 remotes are compatible with the 5902/5901 brain ONLY if you have the new antenna. in short, new gen remotes wont program to the old style antenna. It's best to BUY THE CORRECT model remote.
there is also some handshake error from the new remotes and the old gen brains. I had sent Howie the antenna and cable, maybe he can add to this.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2015 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I lost the OLED remote from my 5906, (anyone noticed the outrageous price of the remote itself?) I was given a 5706 LCD remote and had to change the antenna and lead (thanks Ted), so far the only difference is no temperature readout on RS which I had with the original.
audiophyle_247 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I figured as much, my daily has a 5906 too so it looks like I will be hunting for a 5702/5704 alarm to maintain compatibility between remotes.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
You need to change the antenna and antenna lead, the control unit on all 5X02/4/6 is the same, that's much cheaper than than a whole unit. (I have two spares but postage from the UK? Forget it!).
audiophyle_247 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2015 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Typo sorry, I have the (Python)5904 installed in my daily, the 5706 I mentioned in the first post was installed in a customers car it wasnt mine, I have not bought anything yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic