the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Toyota Yaris Manual Shift Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Try doing a Factory Reset on the Ultra Start.  Next start the car with the key to do an automatic Tach learn.  Then see if reservation mode works.
Soldering is fun!
xxaj1356xx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxaj1356xx
kreg357 wrote:
Try doing a Factory Reset on the Ultra Start.  Next start the car with the key to do an automatic Tach learn.  Then see if reservation mode works.
Tried all of that. Also re-tested all of the master wires and the parking brake, brake switch, ground, door trigger and all that good stuff and everything is correctly wired. I tested everything at the plug to the brain too just to make sure my connections weren't bad or loose. All good. No matter what I do it doesn't work - just blinks 4 slow flashes which is the system telling me it's not in reservation mode when thats what i am trying to put it in.
Another interesting note - no matter when I have the tach wire hooked or not, when it does auto tach learn, it only chirps twice. For tachless, it should chirp 4 times. I think I have a defective unit.
xxaj1356xx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxaj1356xx
To add - if it was a tach issue, in my experience, the system would either severely overcrank the starter (tachless malfunction) or flash 7 times to indicate a tach lockout. If it was a door trigger issue, then once I got out of the car and closed the door the car just wouldn't shut off to complete reservation mode, but the starter would still at the very least take over and run without the key in the ignition. The fact that it's not going into reservation mode is what makes absolutely no sense.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I believe most all R/S system require Tach Mode for manual transmission installs.  Can't run in Virtual or Tachless Mode.

Another dumb question :  You do have the Ultra Start Yellow Starter wire connected

to the car's Starter wire?  The R/S needs to see that Starter signal to do the Tach Learn.

Well, I guess as a last resort, you could program the Ultra Start to Menu 2, Setting 6,

Option 1.  Reservation mode would be entered by just setting the Parking Brake while the
engine is running.  No need to hit the Start button, too. 

Soldering is fun!
xxaj1356xx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2015 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxaj1356xx
kreg357 wrote:

I believe most all R/S system require Tach Mode for manual transmission installs.  Can't run in Virtual or Tachless Mode.

Another dumb question :  You do have the Ultra Start Yellow Starter wire connected

to the car's Starter wire?  The R/S needs to see that Starter signal to do the Tach Learn.

Well, I guess as a last resort, you could program the Ultra Start to Menu 2, Setting 6,

Option 1.  Reservation mode would be entered by just setting the Parking Brake while the
engine is running.  No need to hit the Start button, too. 

Hello,
I tried connecting tach too and it still didn't work unfortunately. Yep - The yellow starter wire is connected to the wire that shows 0 volts on accessory and run and shows 12 volts on start. I also tried that programming option too - doesn't do anything :(.
xxaj1356xx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2015 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xxaj1356xx
I got it!!
I got in touch with someone who works for Toyota. Apparently on that vehicle, you can't use the tach wire under the hood but rather have to use the beige one coming off of the diagnostic plug under the dash. Soon as I connected to that one the problem was solved
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2015 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What? Standard operational procedure, ALWAYS go to pin 9 on the OBD socket.
kreg357 
Posted: June 05, 2015 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sorry about that.  I thought you were using my 2009 -2011 Yaris Pictorial as a reference.  It has this photo of the Tach wire :

2009 Toyota Yaris Manual Shift Remote Starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=129997

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic