the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5904 & 508d not playing well together

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
superbazooka 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2015 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
A local shop installed a Viper 5904 Alarm with all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I have smart start via android app, stinger dual stage shock sensor, 516u voice, 508d perimeter and a tilt sensorand HD remote. This is the first time I have paid for an alarm install but since it's been 15 or so years since I installed an alarm on my vehicle, I figured I'd let them do it.
2003 Honda CR-V is the vehicle that it is installed on.
As of now, I have a glorified remote keyless entry..no alarm.
Reason is, 95% of the time, and not at the installers.. I can drive to my destination, get out, shut the door and after 20 to 30 seconds up to mabey 10 minutes. .the alarm will go off. My key fob says shock sensor, and I verified it with the control centers light.
It's a rats nest under my dash..omg..when I opened it up I flipped. First, I checked to make sure that they didn't try to use the 2 sensor ports for the pro sensor. Looks like my tilt sensor and shock are the only 2 and somewhere in the rats nest is the pro tied into the shock sensor wires. I looked for diodes and didn't see any. So, I grabbed my solder ing iron out and 4 1n4004 diodes and put em close to the plug that goes into the sensor and left about a inch and a half of wire to the plug. Heat shrink also. **But, here is something that tossed me for a loop, I put one on the blue and one on the green at my pro sensor "and it's A Omega brand?" Wonder why they used it instead of DEI 508D, anyway..I bought one yesterday but got too legate to mess any more tonight.
On the shock sensor, the green wire was still looped to the blue. I was going to diode the green and the blue but only put a diode on the blue. I thouggt the green should have been cut and tied into the green on the alarm unit abd after unwrapping electrical tape that they used to try and tidy things up...I see that there is a green and it looks as if the last tech that looked at it put a new shock sensor plug ad wire set on and used a crimp splice to UT the greens together and iliminated the green from the shock sensor but the green from prix is tied in there.
Also, I have a house alarm that I had before I got my viper installed. When I pull up at the house, arm my car and go inside my house armed or disarmed, my motion. proximity ..movement radar that's mounted in my upper right corner of my living room set off my car alarm. It don't it at the installers shop once from his motion sensor of his business.
But most of the time, I can go to the storw, my buddiea, work, mall walmart or wherever and it will go off saying shock sensor. It doesn't warn. .it's full on alarming.
I have changed the shock sensor and changed the prox sensor "they used another Omega" and going to change to the 508d tomorrow. Also today, I unhooked my proxy that's on there and it seemed to do fine. I messed with it for a hour or so. I also unhooked the shock sensor as well and it also seemed to work fine with just the warn away and then full on alarm if tripped again with in 10 secs or less.
When I tske it to the install shop, they can't get it to reproduce any problems.
*also, shock sensor is tied to wiring harness, it is not on any metal or so lit surface. Tilt sensor is at my sterling colum where it pass through the fire wall and prox is in the center my my suv with the wire plug towards the front of the vehicle.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thx
superbazooka 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2015 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
I also checked my main ground. It is good and secure.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2015 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, disconnect all of the sensors then re-connect, one at a time and reset them until they work properly. Note, the 508d will need re-setting 24-36 hours later it "gains" in sensitivity the first day or so, I always tell my customers where it is and how to reset it.
Tilt sensor, cut the loops.
As most installers I hate adding too many sensors, you've found out why!
You can spend more time adjusting the damned sensors than installing in the first place.
Shock sensor, installation on a thick wiring loom is perfectly OK.
Once set up the Omega is as good as a 508d at half the size.
Wiring loom on prox should face the rear but it isn't that important.
As for the rat's nest, unacceptable, unless they were asked to add sensors etc. during or after the install.
superbazooka 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2015 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
Thanks for the fast reply Howie II. As soon as I get off of work today, I'll do that and report back to ya.
On the shock sensor, they shop replaced it and didn't cut the green loop wire that's tied into the blue. Should I cut it and diode it and tie it back to the green that goes to the 508d?
I would snap some pictures and upload them but I don't have enough post to do so. I might upload some to a image host site to show ya the rats nest.
Do ya think that my motion sensor in my house could interfere with the prox in my vehicle?
Which port should the shock prox be plugged into and what port should the tilt sensor be plugged intoon the alarm unit?
Yeah I figured the 3 sensors would be ok and not too overboard..lol..just wanted the "talking" alarm for amusement mostly but definitely wanted needed shock and tilt.
Thanks again for your input and help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2015 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Green wire, leave alone.
Shock goes to the port next to where your SmartStart plug is located. Outer port is for the 508d.
Tilt sensor, black to orange on H1, red to red on H1, blue to blue on H2. If that's already connected, diode separate.
Yes your indoors prox is affecting the care unit, again sensitivity adjustment helps.
Is your kitchen close to where the car is parked, does it go on when you use a microwave cooker?   If so change the microwave especially if it's a few years old it's leaking!! NOT an urban myth.
superbazooka 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2015 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
Thanks again for the fast reply ☺ I'll look over everything this evening and let ya know. The microwave in the kitchen doesn't affect the car alarm. It's my house alarm that does..the motion sensor that's in my living room does.
It's 8:15 am here, I get off at 5 and have a hour ride home so son as I get home, I'm going to start in on it. I left all of my panels off on my vehicle so that I could get to everything easier again because the install shop has broke all my interior panel clips that hold my interior trim on.
Thx again
superbazooka 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2015 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
Well, yesterday was around 98 degrees, today won't be no better so yesterday I diode separated the tilt sensor and readjusted each individual sensor. Everything held down and about 3 hours later, it full alarmed again "shocksensor" again. I'm going to mess with it again this evening and if all else fails, I'm going back to the installer once more even though I don't want to.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2015 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You aren't getting minor earthquakes are you?
Joking aside, is there a flat surface to which you can mount the shock sensor, incidentally is the shock sensor mounted to the port next to the black SmartStart plug?
superbazooka 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superbazooka
Nah..no quakes..lol.....
Just got in from adjusting, testing, cursing, and just to find out something else I'll tell ya in a sec.
I unplugged the shock sensor, and honestly when I looked, I couldn't tell it the shock sensor was plugged into the 3 pin port or what is plugged there but the 3 pin and the 4 pin are in use on the unit and when the warn away alerts me on my key fob it always says shock sensor warn away so I know that the ss and 508 are tied together. I would love for them to show independently on my hd remote fob.
I adjusted the 508. Got it where I liked it and where it wouldn't false.
Then unplugged 508 and plugged the shock sensor up. I set up warn away and then the full alarm. Well after an hour and a half or so, I went inside to get something to drink and I armed the alarm.
SHOCK SENSOR! on my key fob and my alarm was blaring on my car. I barely have either of the "pots" turned up so I wouldn't get false and loud noises wouldn't set it off. I cycled the ignition switch, armed the alarm and with in a minute same thing. Shock sensor.
So..I might just have another faulty shock sensor?
**also when I re read the install guide viper 5904, it says that there is a built in shock sensor in the alarm unit and it is set factory lvl 6. To change it, you need to use a biwritter. ?? I thought that the model under mine only had the internal shock and not mine? Is there a way to get to where 8 can adjust the sensitivity level of the internal sensor cause on the remote, I can go to settings and it says sensor adjust but function not assigned comes up.
I'm going to hold off until Friday till I work on it again as I'm off of work then. I need to check the location of connections of the tilt sensor also.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
5904/6 Does NOT have a built in shock sensor. The remote can adjust the external sensor.
The reason I'm asking is as follows.
Look at the alarm unit, opposite end to the thick wire plug.
From the left there are 3 sockets or ports.
One three pin black and 2 4 pin white.
Anything on the left 4 pin, that is next to the black 3 pin will read as SHOCK.
Now do you follow me?
The outer port is zone 4 and can at the alarm end! be custom configured by Bitwriter.
For isolating, pull the plug at the alarm end.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic