5005 programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cartom999 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I have bought a FM-5005 combo alarm system on ebay.

I have some question about it. My 2-way transmitter works fine, but I can't get my 1-way transmitter to work with the reciever module in the car.
I have tried 2 way to program the system. Once by turning on ignition and activating VALET for 5 sec. The LED also shows that it goes into program-mode but when I activate button #1 or #2 there is no chirp as there should be and the control module remains as there where no signal from the transmitter. The same Error is with the 1-way transmitter key.

The 2-way transmitter works fine when simulating a car impact and so. And it can also lock and unlock the car, but the 1-way transmitter seems to be without any function.

I tried e-mailing other ebay members who also have bought the 5005 module but it apears as they have the same programming difficulties.

Please Help

Tom
oct0pus 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
the manual that came with the unit is crap. how did u connect the fm module to the unit??
cartom999 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  

Yes indeed. That manuel is the worst piece of sh*t I have seen for a long time.

I am an electronic engineer and have in my free time installed several alarms in different car, but this manuel is really bad.
I connected the fm-module to the FM-upgrade port. I used the cable with two White connector. On the Fm-module there is two White connectors but it dosn't matter which one to choose because they are connected the same way inside the fm-module.

I have been e-mailing 5 persons on ebay who also have bought the 5005 combo alarm and none could tell me how to program the 5005. They ALL have the same problem.

The manual is so bad that I can't believe how somebody can do such a terrible job. I had to measure several cables before I got the clue on which cables are input and which are output pins. I can't use the starter relays for anything (I have manuel transmission) and still I have to mount two additional relays because my centrallocking in my mondeo 97' are using >2 A trigger.

I still can use the alarm but the 1-way key is not worth anything if nobody can help me. But seems that nobody can help.

The hobby seller on ebay that I bought the 5005 system from are so poor to communicate with that I guess they don't have a clue about how it works. I havn't asked yet, but last time I send 5 e-mails before I got an answer.

It is last time I buy a (half) piece of junk in USA, before I have read other users opinion first. The plastic on the 2-way transmitter is also of poor quality so if you drop if on the ground it cost you 79.99$, thats what one of the buyers already have found out before he manage to get the 1-way transmitter to work.

I still need your help if anybody have a 1-way that works with the 5005 central.

BR.

Tom

corrin50 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
hi mi name is art lets see if i could help well in mi installs i had a problem when i burned the 2-way ant   but  i havent had any problems in about 12 install since then    turn the ignition on and off 3 times  on the third time leave the ignition on then hold the valet button down till siren  chirps 5 times then press button 1 on remote siren will chirp once then press button 1 again then turn off ignition
gnu42 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I don't know the manual of the 5005, but isn't the 5005 the same alarm system as the CS-2013FM from Crimestopper??? look here: http://www.crimestopper.com/superpage.html

If this is true, perhaps the downloadable manual of the CS-2013FM is better then the one from the 5005. look here: http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2013-op-inst.pdf

I bought the 90-CLCD3 from TRC. I think it's the same alarm system as the DELTA 5005Pro and the CRIMESTOPPER CS-2013FM. The manual from TRC is also sh*tti, so I think it's the same as the one with the 5005.

(sorry for bad english....)

bbbggg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, I too, just finished a 5005 install and the manual is a POS!  Everything works but I can't page the LCD Remote, either.  I called Delta yesterday at 2:00PM and a message said they were closed....on tuesday???
stalt 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Thankd gnu42.

Yes they appear to be the same thing.  Way more info wich is nice.  my Delta works good now!

Stalt

Stalt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic