the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4103lx will not start car.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnwohl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Well, after getting the DBALL2 sorted and working I picked up an Avital 4103LX from my "guy".
Here are the connections I have made
9 pin main harness:
Black to ground
Brown to horn (black under steering column)
Heavy Gauge relay:
Pink to pink ignition 1
Relay to green ignition 2 (+12v to 87, ignition 1 to 85, ignition 2 to 30, status wire from r/s to 86)
Purple to yellow starter
Orange to Accessory 1
Reds to Reds +12v 1 and 2
Pink/White to Accessory 2 (changed to accessory instead of ignition in r/s settings)
Satellite Harness:
Blue status to relay 86
Remote start harness:
BLACK/ white to switched ground
brown to white brake
I can hear the relays for the doors click when i press the remote button but I don't hear anything when I press the start button on the remote. I've tried it with and without the DBALL2. The DBALL2 sees a signal when I push the door locking and unlocking on the remote (but doesnt do the doors via data apparently) but gets no signal from the remote start unit when I try to start via the remote.
Any help is appreciated. I feel like i've followed the available instructions very well, but they can't include everything so i'm probably missing something simple.
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Forgot, its a 2004 Chevrolet Impala.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Some of your listed wires are a bit vague as to what is connected to what.
However, you list the Blue status wire is connected to a relay.
I believe you want the Blue status wire connected to the Blue/White of the 10 pin harness on the DB-ALL
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
I was told that the status wire was the ground when running wire i needed for the relay. The dball instructions didnt have it connected to the dball in d2d mode so I didn't connect it. I have the blue/white on the dball connected to the light green keysense wire on the ignition of the car so it will bypass when I use the key.
ok I will try again.   these are the only wires i have connected. All other wires on the harnesses are not connected.
I am using this install manual: http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N4103%202012-01%20web.pdf
and this wire guide for the car: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=32838
So looking at the wiring connections starting on page 5 of the install guide going down.
---Main harness 9 pin connector:
brown horn output - black under the steering column
black ground - black chassis ground
---Door Lock 3 pin connector:
Not connected as I thought the DBALL would do the locks
---Heavy Gauge Relay 6 pin connector:
Pink output to primary ignition - pink ignition wire
Purple output to starter circuit - yellow starter wire
Orange output to accessory circuit - orange accessory wire
Red +30amp high current input - Red +12v (two of these)
Pink/White output to second ignition/accessory circuit -
Brown accessory wire (changed in firmware to accessory rather than ignition per the note on the vehicle wiring info sheet)
Since I do not have another ignition output for the green ignition wire from the remote starter I was told to use a relay. I have it connected as follows:
+12v red wire to 87, Pink ignition wire to 85, Green ignition wire to 30, blue status wire from satellite harness on remote start module to 86
I was told that the blue status wire was the "ground when running" I needed.
---Satellite harness 4 pin connector:
Blue status wire - 86 on 2nd ignition relay
---Remote start harness 5 pin connector:
BLACK/ white neutral safety switch input - Black Ground through provided toggle switch
Brown brake shutdown input - White brake wire
Of course I also have the antenna and programming button connected.
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
holy crap it works. ok here's what i did. as recommended i connected the status wire of the remote start to the status wire of the dball.
then I eliminated that relay by wiring the pink/white ignition/accessory wire to the green ignition and changing the setting back in the firmware to ignition.
I then switched the remaining accessory wire coming from the remote start module to the brown accessory wire on the car as I read that it is the one that controls the air conditioning and heat and the other one is the radio.
I've come to the conclusion that the door locks and trunk are not going to work from the dball unless im still missing something so I think im going to go with wiring them manually to the remote start. I have the instructions on how to do the 2 relays for the doors.
do I need a relay for the trunk?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Do you have the Violet / YELLOW wire, #2 on the 14 pin DB-ALL connector, connected to the cars OBD II connector, Violet #2 ?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2015 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
You need to power the two ignitions AS two ignitions, and the two accessorys AS two accessorys. Those cars need those 4 wires powered correctly. And you can use the small 4 pin connector for ign/acc/start negative triggers for additional relays, fyi
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2015 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Well, now I'm having another problem. If I remote start the car and then cancel it with the remote, or if I let the remote start time out, the radio does not shut off and drains the battery until I cannot start the car.
The radio turns off if you open the door but of course if, like last night, I hit the start button instead of the trunk button accidentally and cancel the remote start with the button and never open the door, the radio stays on all night and my car is dead in the morning.
I did notice an RAP wire on the DBALL2 but it said it only needs to be used on a certain model buick.
How can I prevent this from happening?
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2015 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
The radio will shut off eventually but if you want to shut it off after shut-down, hook up factory alarm re-arm to the driver door trigger.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic